Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-11-2022, 09:15 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Good morning ladies
Thursday 8.30pm here and it's been another warmish day, but going to be cooler tomorrow. Freddie went to the cat groomer on Tuesday and behaved well, and today, poor timid Betsey went. She was terrified in the car, but when she got there, she settled down a bit when Lyn was stroking her. She's now lost a bit of fur on her sides and bottom, but she's not too bad. Lyn and her assistant, Yashi, are there until 28th January next year, so I'm taking the four cats back to have another "brazilian" just before they close down.. Then I'll be on the hunt for another groomer who is just as gentle as Lyn. However ,I'm going to make a real effort to brush them every week from now on. They hate it so much, but Janna will have to hold them. I can't let them get so matted again.

Janna was working today until 5pm, but the supervisor let them all go early as everything was done.It's a public holiday here tomorrow - Show Day - and the big agricultural A&P Show is in full swing. It doesn't interest me, so I'm finally going to go shopping as we have barely any food in the house.

This morning I had five ducks on my back lawn - Jack and Vera, another bonded pair and Draco, the big drake who is limping slightly.They all seem to be getting on together now and Draco isn't trying to attract one of the females any more. Draco, Jack and Vera were out on the lawn tonight and eating the bird seed with the wild birds.

The new gardener came on Tuesday morning and did a great job. He has sprayed weed killer in places so I'm watching the cats when they're outside to make sure they don't go near. I bought a small magnet online this morning. It's by a NZ artist, Marie Pickering and it depicts a little child walking through a forest landscape illuminated by paper lanterns. It reminded me of the nights when I'd walk Willow down by the riverbank very late at night, and I'd look up and see lights twinkling on the hills. I wish I could turn the clock back but unfortunately I can't.

PAMELA, I hope Barney is doing well. I don't suppose you have the results of the blood test yet, but I've been saying a wee prayer for him every night. I'm sure he will be fine.I hope that Robyn is continuing to do well with her new training regime - it's good you had the courage to follow your own feelings there, Pamela. Robyn is such a beautiful girl. I hope poor Mia wasn't too freaked out by the fireworks the other night. I kept everything crossed that there weren't too many bangs in your area. How did the lunch with your sister ,nephew and his girlfriend go ? I do hope you all had a nice chat together and all got on well. It would have been nice to catch up with your nephew again.

SHELLEY, it's good that your dad was able to do the alterations on your book proof, but how irritating that the publisher put the unaltered file online. Hopefully it will be rectified shortly. That doll of your Great Aunt as a child sounds amazing and what a wonderful keepsake for you. Sorry I got the idea that it was just going to be a picture in your book. Having the real thing is so much better. Your friend must be very talented to produce such a doll. I suppose you've heard of the doll maker, Camille Allen, who makes tiny baby dolls. I subscribe to her newsletter. Her work is also amazing ,but her dolls are very expensive. I hope your dad's finger is healing up OK and it's lovely to hear that Reuben is continuing to do well.

Well ladies, I'm off now. Janna has just made me a cup of herbal tea and I'm sure there's some chocolate around here somewhere. Gotta go find it.

Have a really great Thursday, ladies. Hopefully the weather is a bit better for you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-11-2022, 06:23 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Evening,
Been to work today and it went well.
Now we are going to the Chinese buffet.
Tomorrow I will check the new book proof and hope its the right one.
Dinky, so pleased that Freddie was a good boy and that Betsey is all done too.
Pamela, hope all ok with you and you get Barney's results soon.