Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
06-11-2022, 07:50 AM   #1

Sunday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Sunday 7.15pm here and I'm just waiting for Janna to finish work at 7.30 and come home.. It's been another warmish day ,but not too hot.I was going to go out and do a bit of grocery shopping but couldn't be bothered, and washed all the cat blankets instead. Janna is going to bring home some toasted sandwiches for tea from the fish and chip shop. They do lovely ones. We were going to have them last night, but I decided to make a kumara and peanut thai salad instead., which I found a bit spicy, so I won't use that recipe again.

Amazingly, I heard from Paddy this morning. I had emailed him the other day on his birthday ,as I always do, and he actually got back to me - he didn't mention Miranda at all, but said that his wee boy is very outgoing ,and the little girl is very withdrawn, exactly the same as he was as a child. They are building a new house in Morrinsville, but it will be about 6 months away.He's heading off to Melbourne in a couple of days ,as he's been chosen to represent NZ in the MacRobertson Shield, a big croquet tournament. He'll be in Australia all of November I don't know how he manages to get time off work, but he does. He thinks he might be down in Christchurch in January, so hopefully I'll see him then. I think I'll be daring and buy a present for the two kids and hopefully ,he might take them home with him. it's worth a shot anyway. If he won't take them, I'm sure I can find a couple of kids to give them too., or Brenna's wee ones can have them.

PAMELA, sorry it was a bit wet for you yesterday, but I hope you enjoyed your walk with the dogs and Robyn responded well to the treats. Did you manage to get your living room sorted and your table shifted away from the window ? There's nothing worse than being cold when you're trying to work, so I hope you managed to find a warmer corner to set everything up. We didn't have too many fireworks here the other night and I hope it was the same for you last night. Poor Mia. I know some dogs are really terrified of the noise. I hope Robyn was OK too. I know fireworks look beautiful but I actually hate the things because they terrify animals. I think public displays are great, but people shouldn't be allowed to buy them. There's so many nutters around now. A while ago, when I was still teaching, I had a young teenage girl in one of my classes that ended up with a nasty facial burn, because she just happened to be outside in her back yard and a firework came over the fence and hit her on the cheek. She ended up in hospital and had to have several skin grafts as a result.

Pamela enjoy your lunch today with your sister ,nephew and his girlfriend. It will be nice to catch up with your nephew again. I'm sure his girlfriend will be a lovely person, and I hope things go well for the two of them.

I'm going online shortly and looking up the Brittany spaniel .I know the Brittany is different from the Springer spaniel and so I'm going to find out the differences. i can then astound you with my knowledge !!!

SHELLEY, I hope all is well with you, Howard, Chris and the pups, and you're not working too hard. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of your book, now that it is completed.

Well ladies, have a great Sunday and love to all Catsey cats and dogs, including Loona and Reuben of course.