Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-11-2022, 08:35 AM   #1

Saturday daily.

Good morning ladies.
Saturday 7.30pm here after another nice day, a bit cooler than the previous days, but certainly not cold. I was pleased for a bit of warmth as Snoddy doesn't have much fur left after his groom and shave yesterday. He's doing OK, jumping up on the cat towers, lying with me in bed and eating and purring AND no seizures, so I think he's come through his ordeal OK. I've just been at home all day on my own, as Janna went back to work today. She's still very pale and probably should have stayed home, but she wanted to go. She was working until 6.30pm tonight and hasn't arrived home yet. She was catching a bus at the interchange but a lot of our buses are taken off due to drivers with covid, so she may have to wait a while. No, I tell a lie - she's just coming up the drive way now.

I didn't go anywhere today as i wanted to keep my eye on Snoddy., but tomorrow I'll go down to the local mall and do a wee bit of grocery shopping.

PAMELA,, it makes me laugh to think of Harris with his bum on your shoulder and the rest of him wrapped around your head. That wouldn't be so good on a hot summer night, but would be great in the winter.What with Skye lying on your legs, there won't be much room for poor Steven in the bed Are you sure you haven't got the three dogs in there as well ? Thanks for the healing vibes sent to Janna. They seemed to have worked as she managed to stay at work for the whole day.

I'm pleased that you're not going to stick with that dog trainer and his use of a prong collar for your Robyn. That should not be necessary as Robyn sounds as if she hasn't got a bad bone in her body. Training her with treats sounds much more sensible and far less brutal. Congratulations for doing what you feel is best for your dog, and putting her well being first. You're an experienced dog owner, Pamela and have successfully trained Barney and Mia using positive reinforcement ,and I know it will also work with Robyn. Don't beat yourself up about using the chain collar. Hindsight is a great thing and you acted on the advice of the dog trainer. At least there's been no lasting damage or trauma to Robyn. That dog school that she's now going to attend sounds just what the doctor ordered and I know Robyn will shine there.

I told you that things would pick up at work again if you just wait it out. That talk you had with your colleague would have helped, and I am pleased that you have decided to stick with your present job, at least for the time being. There will always be other jobs out there, Pamela, and maybe in the future you may want a change ,but in the meantime stick with your good team. Good people around you are worth their weight in gold.

Poor Barney having to go to the vet for his boosters. I know it's a real worry when things go wrong with our fur babies, but if he does have a thyroid problem, then it can be easily treated with medication. I'll be praying for him and saying my special prayer to St Francis, that he has nothing at all wrong with him. He's a very special boy and is doing so well. Hopefully you'll get the blood test results back soon.

I bet you're looking forward to finally meeting your nephew's new girlfriend and her little girl. I'm sure she'll be a lovely girl. I hope you all have a nice lunch together.

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you, Howard and the pups. Have you finished the final proof read of your book yet ? You must be looking forward to getting the whole thing, including that picture ,completed finally. You're not going to believe this, but I've got to tell you that I'm going to get new neighbours . The house across the road owned by a guy who had a big Harley Davidson was sold recently and the new owners came to look around today and guess what ? They had a basenji , a young male and his name is Malachi. He isn't overly friendly but he let me pat him. They were very keen to hear about your two dogs, Shelley.

Well ladies, I hope you both have a super, relaxing weekend and let's hope the weather clears up a bit for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-11-2022, 10:09 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily.

Good morning ladies, its wet and miserable here today but thats not a bad thing.

Dinky, so glad Snoddy didnt have any seizures and he seems ok. I agree, no point trying to change his name with the groomer after a long time. Glad Janna made it to work today, sounds as if she is on the mend. Glad she got home safely as well with the issues with the buses. What did you end up having for dinner tonight?

Thats brilliant meeting a basenji. Im sure you had lots of Shelleys stories that she has shared to tell them Always good when you can say to someone that you know what the breed is. I love it when people recognise a Brittany as its not very often!!

Shelley, how are you guys doing? I hope yo are all doing well. Are you doing anything nice this weekend?

We are going to take the dogs out (with lots of treats in my pocket as always) then come home and change my living room about as my desk is beside the window and it can be really cold in the winter sitting there as my windows although double glazing are very old!! It will also stop Robyn running to the window and getting wound up with the birds in the garden. Looking forward to seeing my nephew tomorrow as well. Not seen him in a while.

Not much else to report tbh. Hoping for veyr few fireworks tonight as poor Mia is terrified but there is a display taking place not too far from us so we will hear that, just need to make sure she gets cuddles and comfort from us and reassure her. No idea what Robyn will be like. I am hoping as she is young and confident she will be ok, but if she isnt, thats ok as we will make sure she knows she is safe.

Have a lovely weekend ladies