Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-11-2022, 08:41 AM   #1

Friday daily.

Good morning ladies,.
Friday 8.15pm here after another hot day of around 25 degrees, but tomorrow we are only having a high of 15, so that's better for me.I took Snoddy to the groomer today and he was terrible - went really wild and vicious. I managed to hold him while Lyn groomed and shaved parts of him, and I got 3 bites for my troubles and Lyn got a nasty scratch. He was very frightened and agitated when he got , so again, I went and lay down and he finally came and lay down with me and went to sleep purring.He's calmed down now, and I think he would have had a seizure by now if he was going to have one, but I'm keeping a close eye on him. I'm going to bed early tonight and take him with me, so I can watch his breathing. and make sure he's OK. Lyn told me that she will be retiring in January which is a shame. I'll have to find another groomer that will also do cats, and that's not easy.Frederick and Betsey are booked in for next week, but they're not too bad.

Janna had to take today off from work again, but she is working tomorrow and Sunday. She's still not 100% though, but did have some tea tonight and is having a shower now.

Brenna is working from 7am-9pm at the moment ,as 2 of her clinic staff have covid. She's not happy about it, but she's the boss and she has to cover for them. No more news to report today ,as I've only been watching Snoddy all afternoon.

Pamela and Shelley, hope you are both OK . Perhaps today, you'll both get a bit of sunshine, which would be great. Hope your cats and pups are all doing well. You'll both be looking forward to the weekend, I bet.

Gotta go and take the cats outside for a bit now. Not sure if Snoddy will want to go outside, but he can if he wants to.

have a great Friday ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily.

Evening Dinky

Gkad to hear Snoddy is ok. Im sure he will love cuddling up beside. I hope your bites are ok and dont get infected like before. Im sure Snoddy will feel better though after having the mats taken out. Im sure he will love being cuddled up beside you. I know Harris and Skye love cuddling up to us at bed time. I have woken up a few times with Harris's bum on my shoulder and his body wrapped round my head with his paws resting on my head. He is soo cuddly and skye lies on my side or my chest/belly.

Sorry to hear Janna still isnt very well i do hope she feels better soon. Sending healing vibes for her. I bet Brenna will be shattered after her long days hopefully it isnt for too long. Also happy to hear your cousin still chats to you every day. You must be pleased/relieved.

Do you have any plans for this weekend?

Shelley, how are you? Have you had any update on your book? WHen are you next at the caravan? How is your dad and Reuben doing? I hope they are both dong well.

Not really much to report here tbh. I have decided not to continue with our trainer as Robyn isnt really responding to the training and because of this he wanted to use a prong collar so i have swiftly said we no longer want to continue as i dont agree with them. I have been doing training in the house with lots of treats and she seems so much happier. Really regret using the chain collar now. SHould never have gone down that route with her. It was "sold" as a non aversive way to do the training by the trainer and i should have known better after already having to train Barney and Mia and it was treats we used with them. We have enrolled her in dog school which starts next week and its all treat based so she should do well. Thankfully it has had no effect on Robyn with her personality and nature.

Was busy at work today. I have decided not to go for the job i was looking at as i had a chat with my "buddy" who is my kind of first escalation point. Had a really positive chat with him and explained how i was feeling so all good Dinky you were right when you said to think long and har especially as i have such a good team. Thank you.

Steven had Barney at teh vet tonight for his boosters and they have tested him for a thyroid issue due to his fur thinning and not losing weight when he should be with us cutting down his food. He also has scabs on his back so will see what the tests come back with but the vet saidhe is the "poster boy" for dogs his age because he looks so good and his heart is strong. This may end up being the first medicines he is on as he has never had any except for illness. Keep him in your thoughts and i will update when we get the results.

I am going to see my nephew on Sunday with my sister and i will be meeting his girlfriend and her wee girl for the first time and we are going for lunch so i am looking forward to that

Sorry i have waffled on tonight!! enjoy your weekend ladies