Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-11-2022, 08:48 AM   #1

Sunny Thursday daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Thursday 7.45pm here after another hot day, but at times a strong wind blew up so the temperature was bearable. Yesterday we had a temperature of 29 degrees though, and no wind at all, so I had a terrible day and it was impossible to sleep last night . I hear it's going to be 23 tomorrow ,so that will be good for Snoddy as he has the groomer at 1pm. I'm dreading it, but I have to do it for his sake. I'll be with him anyway, and if he is too stressed out, then Lynn will have to stop. if she can shave off the matts on both his sides, that will be better than nothing, and I will have to try and do the rest myself. .He's 12 now, and I can't keep putting him through all this.

Poor Janna came home from work early on Tuesday night with the most violent tummy bug ever. She's also been vomiting and is very dizzy. She couldn't go to work today again, and she's staying home tomorrow as well. This bug is spreading around the Te Pae staff at the moment. Hopefully she might be OK to work her rostered shifts this weekend. She hasn't eaten anything since Tuesday evening but tonight managed to eat a tiny bit of mince, which so far has stayed down

I've got a new gardener coming round next week to do the lawns and spray the weeds before they cover the whole house - he seems a nice guy and doesn't charge the earth. I could easily mow the lawns myself, or Janna could, but I don't have a lawn mower - actually I do have one but it needs a new battery and anyway, I can't get to it as it's in the far side of the garage, surrounded by all my cousin's furniture.. Duncan mows someone else's lawn in the street and he's happy to do mine when he does his one every fortnight, so I'll stick with that in the meantime.

I went down to the lab today and had my blood test, as my gorgeous new doctor wanted me to. Haven't heard anything back yet, but hopefully all is well. Brenna's lip is feeling a lot better now that all the stitches have been taken out, and the bruises on Janna's face are barely visible. She's back to see Andrew on Monday to have the last of the sealants put on the other side of her teeth, that's if she's well enough.

I'm glad that both of you sometimes get dates wrong and I'm not the only one. It was just a shame that poor Snoddy got so distressed the other day.- but he's always been a very strange cat and really has to be gentled along No answer from Paddy but then I wasn't expecting one. I know Janna was very disappointed when he didn't contact her on her birthday. They used to get on so well together. I guess people change though - he certainly has.

I continue to talk to my cousin every day - I usually ring her - but she still hasn't mentioned coming round. I can't believe that she came round the very weekend I had Pearl here. That was just such bad luck !!!

Have either of you got a Dyson Pure Cool air purifying/cooling unit at home ? I'm trying to find out what they are like ,as Brenna wants to get me one for xmas to use at night in the bedroom. She has one in her main bedroom and swears by it, but I'm not sure. I need to find out from someone else who has one. i don't want her spending that amount of money if it's not what I want. I do know that when on night mode ,the Dyson is very quiet, unlike a traditional cooling fan.. I'm hoping that one of you has one and can tell me what it's like.

PAMELA, sorry the weather is so wet and miserable for you. It will pass. Poor Steven must have got soaked yesterday when he was on the bike. I don't blame him for working at home in the afternoon.It was good you had a break from training with Robyn and were able to spend some one on one time with Mia on your walk. She would have loved that. Where was my beautiful Barney ? Did he not want to go with you ? I'm glad your tunnel turned out so well and the kids loved it. You and your friend went to a lot of trouble with it, so I'm thrilled it paid off. for you both. When it's quiet at work, time just drags, I know. You are better to be busy. Are you really thinking of another job though ? Remember it won't stay quiet forever and you've got a really good team around you, which is a pretty important thing. Just think very carefully about it before making any decision Pamela.

SHELLEY,, gosh you must have had a stressful time driving home in all that traffic last weekend, but at least you made it safely and life is back to normal again. How exciting about your book proof . Of course it looks good - I'm sure it looks better than good ! Now you'll need to check it over very carefully and then it's all done. What a great idea about that portrait of a doll of your great aunt as a child . I'm not quite sure what that entails Shelley Do you provide the doll dressed like your great aunt which is then photographed ? Do you plan to use it as a front cover or as a photograph inside the actual book ? However you plan to use it, I know it will look amazing and so appropriate.

Well ladies, must go and take these cats out now. They've been so hot all day and are sitting here waiting.

Have a fantastic Thursday ,both of you and love to all Catsey cats and dogs, including Loona and Reuben of course.