Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-11-2022, 07:05 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies.
Tuesday 6.30pm here and boy, is it hot !!!It's been so hot all day, but is meant to change and become colder tomorrow. I did another pile of washing today and it was all dry within an hour. i think I'm going nuts because I took Snoddy to the groomer at 1pm today ,only to find out that I had the wrong day - meant to be Friday - so we came home again, with the said cat meowing all the way. He was terrified and i thought he might take a seizure so I went and lay down on the bed and he came and lay down with me and eventually went to sleep. I nearly did too. !!! He's calm now and his breathing has returned to normal, but now I've got to go through it all again on Friday. Not looking forward to it.

Janna went back to the dentist yesterday and had sealants put on two teeth. One more visit next Monday for two more sealants on the other side and she's all done. She's working today until 9pm, so she'll be having a late tea. Anyway, it's far too hot to eat.at the moment.

Today is Paddy's birthday, so I emailed him and wished him a magical day. I haven't heard back, but I might be lucky enough to get a short message. I kept everything sweet and said i hoped Miranda and the children were well. I do know that they are moving out of Hamilton next year and going to live in Morrinsville, where they are presently having a house built.

I've just turned the air con on in the lounge to 18 degrees, as the cats hate the heat, and they've heard it come on and have come in to lie under it. Unfortunately, I've got to turn the oven on soon to cook tea, as I'll have mine early and just keep some aside for Janna. She won't be home until around 10pm.

PAMELA, you certainly went to a lot of trouble decorating your garden for Halloween I'm sure it looked beautifully spooky when it was finished and the local children must have loved it. I'm sorry that you seem to be having bad weather at the moment. I hope that didn't deter all the trick and treaters last night. Were you able to get your own costume ready in time ? I had few children come round in the early evening and I had some wee bags of treats all ready for them fortunately. The kids looked good ,too, in all their ghostly costumes and makeup.

SHELLEY, I hope your journey back home on Sunday went well and the bad weather eased a little for you while you were travelling. it's always a little sad packing up the van, I guess, but it won't be long before you're back there again. it's just a pity the weather wasn't that good this time, but at least you managed to do a couple of nice walks and find a yummy tattie scone roll. Yes, if the weather is still hot here tomorrow, I'll bottle it up and send it over to both of you and you can send me a bit of your rain.

The weather for tomorrow has just come on TV - Christchurch will reach 25 degrees but it will be cloudy so it may not feel too hot. Yay !!!

Well ladies, I'm off now to feed the birds and Jack and Vera who are lying down on the lawn.

Have a super Tuesday and hope the sun shines for you both, if only a little.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2022, 08:03 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily.

Morning,
Our journey back took an extra hour due to traffic congestion near to home on the motorway.
Back at work Monday and today.
We had a few trick or treaters last night.
My book proof looks good but need to find time to check thoroughly before approval.
I have commissioned a little 2ax portrait doll of my gt aunt as a child so will look good with my book.
Pamela, your Halloween tunnel looked great, what fun.
Dinky, I do hope you get a message from a paddy.
Poor Snoddy, hope he's recovered now.
Last night I sat waiting for a zoom training, only to realise I was a week early ��