Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-10-2022, 07:55 AM   #1

Saturday daily .....and it's hot.

Good morning ladies.
Saturday 7.15pm here and it's so very hot. It got up to 28 degrees today and now we're sitting on 26. I know I said i was never going to moan about the heat again, but gosh, I'm so hot and sticky here and it's really uncomfortable.The cats are all lying stretched out on the floor to stay cool, and I've had to turn on the air con to 17 degrees in the lounge. All my top teeth are aching - it's sinus, which I always get in this weather. OK, enough moaning from me. No Jack and Vera this morning but the big drake came on his own and he came right up to the back conservatory door. The cats went crazy but he wasn't fazed.

No sign of my cousin today. Perhaps she'll come tomorrow, but it might be a bit hot for her. I initially thought it was going to turn colder tomorrow and next week, but the forecast here for tomorrow is 24 degrees and sunny. I hope it stays nice for Tuesday ,when Snoddy is meant to go to be groomed.

Brenna had a stall at the Women's Expo today, so she's OK. Her lip was still bleeding last night but has stopped now. Janna's bruises are fading too,, although she still has one black eye.

No more news. I've stayed home all day, did a bit of washing, cleaned up our bedroom and put away a few winter blankets. it was too hot to do anything else.

PAMELA,I'm glad the dentist was able to save your tooth and it's now all done. I hope it wasn't too expensive for you. It's good, too, that you've booked in for a check up as well.How nice of Steven to go and get you a breakfast roll yesterday. I hope you enjoyed it. It certainly sounds yummy. The local bakery here does a lovely potato, leek and blue cheese bread roll, which is so yummy when it is warmed in the oven for a few minutes. I don't know whether it is the same sort of thing as yours, though.Yeah, I agree, dogs do ruin lawns. Willow was a terrible digger when she was bored, and lo and behold, I saw Pearl also digging outside last weekend. ! It was a good idea to get rid of your lawn, especially now with 3 dogs.

SHELLEY,I'm glad the sun was shining for you yesterday and you were able to get out and do the forest walk. I bet the pups enjoyed it. It sounds a lovely spot you're at with all those walks and local cafes and sights.Just perfect for a holiday and extra good for dogs as well.I hope the weather remains fine for your weekend and you're able to get out and about. I wonder if the tattie roll that you love is similar to the one from my bakery. How's your jigsaw going ?Will you be able to finish it before you have to pack up ?

Well ladies, I'm off now to do a few tea dishes. We had vege lasagne for tea tonight, which Janna loves,I'm rather full now. Got Doc Martin on TV tonight ,which I'm going to watch, then go to bed. Janna's working tomorrow but doesn't start until 9am, so that's OK.

Have a great Saturday Pamela and Shelley. Hope the weather remains good for you both.If you want me to send over a bit of our heat, just yell.