Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-10-2022, 05:15 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies.
Monday 4.25pm here and it's very windy outside. No rain yet but it's meant to rain tonight. I'm really cold here in the lounge, so the temperature must have dropped quite a bit from this morning when it was rather warm, until that cold wind came up around midday.
We seem to have lots of shortages on our supermarket shelves again. Luckily I managed to get 2 big bags of the favoured cat litter online, although it hasn't arrived yet. I also got 2 tubs of the Temptations cat treats online as they're just not available in the shops. They won't come until the end of next week though and Snoddy won't eat the ones from the tub anyway. He only eats them if they have come from one of the bags. I think the plastic tub has an odd smell about it which he can smell on the Temptations. My sister is looking at another supermarket to see if they have any of the smaller bags that I can just keep for him. Talk about spoilt. !!!

The cats are thrilled to have the run of the house again and have had a super day sniffing all around. They all went outside with me this morning while I did a bit of weeding and it was cloudy, but they were a bit unsettled by Tim next door ,who kept talking to me over the fence.

Janna's face has gone quite bruised now. Bruising extends up to her eye and she's hoping it will look a bit better by tomorrow, as she's working from 12.30pm-9pm.She's going to wear a mask, even though the staff no longer have to do so. At least that will cover the bruising. Her mouth is a lot less painful now. Brenna, too, is OK after her car accident . I found out that she was stopped at a stop sign and another car turned in front of her and hit the front of her car Her car is badly damaged but she's OK. As your dad says, Pamela, cars can be replaced, but people can't. Supposedly, there was alcohol involved with the other driver, so thank goodness both parties are OK

My cousin actually rang me this morning and wonder of wonders, she seems OK with me.I think a lot of her problems stem from the fact she's not happy where she is - staying with her youngest son, Mike, and his partner. She was living with her other son, but left after a big fight and she was only meant to be staying with Mike for a short time until she bought a house. - hence all her stuff stored at my place. Unfortunately, she's lost all interest in even looking at houses now, so it doesn't look as if she's going to remove her gear from our spare room (Janna's bedroom) and my garage. She keeps saying she'll go through it, but it hasn't happened.Janna would love her own room again. She could move into our 3rd bedroom, but the cats are locked in there at night, so it's sort of become their room.Luckily my bedroom is huge so we can both fit in OK. If I say anything to my cousin, it's going to cause a massive row and I don't want that. I'm just going to have to grin and bear it.

The rest of last night's chicken for tea tonight plus some nice veges. I might have a bit of cookie pie for dessert with hot custard, but poor Janna probably won't be able to eat the cookie pie very well. I'll have great pleasure in eating it in front of her and saying how nice it is. Aren't I nasty ?

PAMELA, I honestly don't know how you cope with 3 dogs. I can only just cope with one ,it seems .That's fantastic news about Robyn now having completed the first section of her training and being able to move on to heel work. That will make life and walking her so much easier when she's not pulling your arm all the time. You must be proud of her and yourself to have achieved so much in such a short space of time.Also, congratulations on Steven finding himself a new job.I'm sorry that his old boss didn't keep to his word and treat him a bit better. I hope Steven loves this new job and is much happier in it. What a great idea to do a Halloween tunnel for the children Good for you and your friend. I'm sure the kids love it. I hope you managed to find your outfit and get it mended. You've got a bit of time left yet before Halloween anyway. It'll be nice to spend time in the office on Wednesday and do that training course. I always loved doing courses. Hope it goes well. Did you get your new boots over the weekend ?

SHELLEY, I hope that the rain has cleared up for you a bit now and you were able to get out in the fresh air yesterday. Are you still on the antibiotics ? Hopefully they have kicked in now and you are starting to feel much better. I hope the pups are enjoying their wee holiday. As I said to Pamela, I don't know how you both cope with multiple dogs in your households. Coping with one has totally worn me out. !!! I lived in fear that one of my cats would get out of the bedroom and Pearl would see it and something terrible would happen. Let me tell you, I was never so pleased to see the back end of a dog going down my driveway as I was when Hillary took Pearl home.

Well ladies, I'm off to feed the birds now. It's not raining yet, but it's looking awfully dull. Hope the cats can go out tonight, but they won't go outside in the rain.

Have a great Monday, Pamela and Shelley, and hope the sun shines for you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Hello ladies,
It was very rainy yesterday but we went out and had a nice lunch in a cafe we've never been in before.
Then just a relaxing day watching TV etc.
Pamela, it's really good that Steven has a new job, when does he start?
The Halloween tunnel sounds good.
Dinky, yes you must be worn out with the stress of keeping the cats safe.
Glad your cousin has been in touch.
She sounds like a very tricky character and I don't think she is being fair to you at all.
Not sure what we are doing yet, we may go out somewhere and we have also just started a new jigsaw.
Going round to my cousins van for drinks this evening.