Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
20-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #1

Spot the cat

Dear All,
Mum came home with another cat yesterday.

...intriguing

Gently does it, I'm a lover not a fighter..

Ahh, that's better, cat positively I.D'd as a fake, my favourite warm tile position retained.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #2

Re: Spot the cat

Glad you've still got your favourite spot to sunbathe!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #3

What a beautiful cat you have there. Fake one is lovely too, but your seal Birman is magnificent. I have a seal colourpoint who looks very similar.

Catsey Senior

20-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #4

Thanks Dinky and Angie, he's just a very sweet rescue boy from a local rescue centre almost 17 years ago, an adult then so we don't know his actual age. Breeders rejected him because his paws weren't typically white, but brown instead, their loss I say, he's the most sweetest boy. He was living in someone's garden with lots of other cats he lived with so he had to be trapped to be rescued and was so traumatised by it all he hid in the footwell of the chimney breast and wouldn't come out for the 1st 5 days he came to me. He came with another cat, Nelly, who was his shadow but is sadly passed on now. Took him a good year to trust me enough to let me pick him up and hold him and he's been addicted to his cuddles from his mum ever since. Won't let ANYONE else touch him except regular visitors like his grandma and grandpa who he comes to and trusts.

He takes great delight in teasing the neighbours who reach out to stroke him only to have him scurry off at the last minute. He still plays with his toys every night they are scattered across the floor by morning.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
20-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #5

He is beautiful, similar to our Big Fooze. He is a bi colour, seal point ragdoll. Rescued from starving to death in January 2013. I like the way he's taken pole position on the tiles. Not taking any chances.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
20-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #6

Beautiful cat. We had a seal point Birman, Misty. I would have thought yours to be a ragdoll if he hasn't got the Birman trademark white 'socks'? Whatever, he is, he is absolutely gorgeous and reminds me very much of Misty. Misty didn't have straight 'socks' so would never have done well in the show ring apparently, but we never wanted him for that, he was simply beautiful to us!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: American shorthairs
23-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #7

this photo series made me shoot coffee out of my mouth. Great and cute, at the same time
Jill

Catsey Senior

24-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Beautiful cat. We had a seal point Birman, Misty. I would have thought yours to be a ragdoll if he hasn't got the Birman trademark white 'socks'? Whatever, he is, he is absolutely gorgeous and reminds me very much of Misty. Misty didn't have straight 'socks' so would never have done well in the show ring apparently, but we never wanted him for that, he was simply beautiful to us!
I have never been able to find out whether he is a mitted Ragdoll (rejected due to no white paws or chin) or a Seal Point Birman (chocolate, rejected due to no white paws front and back). He does seem so far to have the longevity of the Birman breed, some can do quite well for their age if their heart murmer is benign. Due to his very sweet nature I've always said that he is a Birman, until I found out that Ragdolls are a very sweet and loving breed too, doh!.

Sorry Jill about your coffee. No damage done I hope.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: American shorthairs
24-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #9

No harm really. No pooter damage OR cats' coat

Catsey Senior

19-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #10

UPDATE: BIRTHDAY BOY

No one knows my real birthday or real age, I came to live with mum as an adult in 1998..so on 14th February 2015 I had my 19th Birthday, give or give a year or two.

Unimpressed by all the fuss I had a duvet day, and a very unimaginatively decorated lemon drizzle cake, what WAS she thinking?!, I can't eat that.

Earlier I had a great time not letting mum change the sheets making it nigh impossible, he hee.

Ahh, bliss.. fresh sheets and a nice quiet day.