Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #1

Colourpoint Cat Club Show

I am not sure if anyone on here shows ther cats or perhaps some of you would be interested in trying this lovely hobby so this is why I am creating this post.

Earlier this year I qualified as a Show Manager after having done my three years training. I will therefore by the official Show Manager for the Colourpoint Cat Club's next show which is going to be held on the 12th January at the Ettington Community Centre, Ettington, Nr Stratford upon Avon. This will be our 'Silver Anniversary' show a very special one.

We are a small breed club that caters for Colourpoint and associated Persian colours, Colourpointed Exotic SHs and we also have a fantastic well supported Household Pet Section (HHP). We pride ourselves on being a very friendly club with a 'family' feel on show day where we are always pleased to welcome new exhibitors.

In case anyone wasn't aware you can show your gorgeous pets in the HHPet Section which is split into two catergories. The first is the Non-pedigree Pet Section which is for your traditional moggies. The second is the Pedigree Pet Section which is for Pedigree whether they are registered or not, half pedigrees and even cats that the parentage is unknown but that look like a pedigree or half pedigree. So all of you could potential come

Your cats just need to be up to date with their vaccines and you need to bring the card with you. If you are showing in the HHP Section all cats have to be neutered/spayed once they reach 6months of age. You will need white show equipement but I can probably lend you that for the one show.

This is the link to the schedule and entry form:-

http://gccfcats.org/Schedules/colourptcc12schedule.pdf

http://gccfcats.org/Schedules/colourptcc12entryform.pdf

Our entries close on the 18th December to give me time to prepare the catalogue and Judges books. If anyone wants to ask anything please do. It really is a lovely hobby in my opinion. The show is also open to the public from 12:30pm so if anyone wants to just pop along and have a look you will be more than welcome

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #2

Re: Colourpoint Cat Club Show

Thanks for that lovely invitation Kay - I think it's very special cats that have the right temperament for showing, my two would get stressed, and not be happy pusscats at all. A bit far to visit too, but I am ever hopeful of going to a cat show some day and hopefully meeting some Catseyers there!

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Thanks for that lovely invitation Kay - I think it's very special cats that have the right temperament for showing, my two would get stressed, and not be happy pusscats at all. A bit far to visit too, but I am ever hopeful of going to a cat show some day and hopefully meeting some Catseyers there!
Yes Angie not all cats are cut out to be show cats. The HHP Section is obviously not judged to a standard of points like the Pedigree section but is judged on temperament, grooming and overall condition. A cat that is stressed would not do well and most importantly it wouldn't be fair on them.

Shame you live to far away though as it would be lovely to see you. I sometimes get down to shows at Bracknell which is a bit nearer you. I will let you kknow as it would be lovely to meet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #4

Yes it would - thanks, I'd be interested in Bracknell.

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #5

Will do Angie. x