Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #21

Re: Eileen's Leia

such a beautiful sleek looking girl. It's wonderful to see her again

Global Moderator

23-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #22

Today I received a most welcome email from Carolyn with the latest news of how the lovely Leia is and I'm sure she would want me to share it with you all.

Quote:
Hi Mags,

I just wanted to give some follow-up on Leia after a visit to the vet yesterday.

The thryoid treatment seems to be working, as Leia's weight seems stable now, or at least she is no longer losing weight. Her weight was the same as the last visit. Thank heavens for the trans-dermal method of medicating her!! It's so easy.

Leia's breathing seems to be a little better. In January, she breathed in shallow gasps. Now her intake is longer and deeper, but the exhale is still a little gaspy, rather than smooth. But I think overall her breathing is somewhat better. The vet took an x-ray and Leia has some inflammation and narrowing in her breathing passages. The vet has recommended a medication, but I'm going to make sure I understand how it works, and what the side effects might be, before I administer it.

Leia still has her chronic runny nose, and we're going to do another round of antibiotics. We've done that twice, and it seems to help the problem temporarily. At least I know better how to give her the liquid med using the oral syringe. Leia is not wild about it, and I don't like to make her unhappy, but I would like to see her get better. I can't help but think that the ongoing infection and inflammation are factors in her lack of stamina when she tries to play. She wants to play, and comes to me with her back arched and a funny walk to let me know she's ready. I usually drop everything and roll balls to her for her to chase. She chases a few and then lies down as if she has no more energy.

Leia also has a persistant dry cough that the vet says is related to the breathing issues. The cough is like what my cat used to have before producing a fur ball. After more than 5 months, Leia coughed up an awesome fur ball. The vet said I could give her a gel that will help with the fur balls in the future. I guess I'll try that to see if it reduces the dry cough.

Other than all of that, Leia seems to have settled in very well. Eileen was home all of the time, and I am out and about every day. Leia seems to have adjusted to that, so long as I leave her plenty to eat while I'm gone!!

I hope all of you and your wonderful cats are doing well. I really appreciate your ongoing interest in and caring for Leia. I am sure that Eileen is looking down on all of this, and smiling.

Best to all of you,

Carolyn

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #23

awwwwwww that's lovely to hear.
Thank you Mags for posting this and also to Carolyn for caring so well for Leia and keeping us informed.
In a way it sort of brings Eileen back for a short while.
I miss her so much.

Global Moderator

23-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
awwwwwww that's lovely to hear.
Thank you Mags for posting this and also to Carolyn for caring so well for Leia and keeping us informed.
In a way it sort of brings Eileen back for a short while.
I miss her so much.
Leia had a good Mom in Eileen and she is so fortunate to now have an equally caring second Mom in Carolyn. Eileen would have felt proud of them both at the way they have settled together so well ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #25

Thanks so much Mags for passing on Carolyn's email on Leia's progress. I am glad to hear that her weight has stabilised.

Like Shelley, I still miss both Eileen and her posts and her dear Leia. I often think of them both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #26

thats lovely to hear, thanks for sharing mags

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #27

So nice to hear how Leia is doing, Carolyn is certainly looking after her well...thanks Mags for the update........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #28

Thank you very much for sharing that Mags and of course to Carolyn for being so good as to keep you updated. So pleased that Leia is settled and happy, and hopefully her cough is something that will ease in time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #29

It is so good to know that Leia is happy and well looked after. Carolyn's a total star for taking her in and giving he continuity of love and care. xx