Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll's and Moggies
19-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #1

Olle, Casper, Lola, Meg and the babies!!

Hi everyone.

Here is page dedicated to the many, many cats in my household, and one or two that have now gone to their loving new homes.

Firstly is Olle.

Olle was my very first cat. He came from a farm and when I saw im aged 4 weeks I fell in love instantly! He is now 3 years old.

Olle came to me at 10 weeks old and he was a terror. He was constantly running around the place, pouncing on invisable objects and generally causing trouble. His favourite game was to climb into the bin overnight and spead it all over the kitchen!

I have laughed so much over Olle's antics since I had him, there is just no other cat quite like him. Once he was neutered at 6 months old he calmed down an awfull lot and now he prefers to sit on top of the t.v or the computer and just watch the world go by.

He has to be the most miserable cat I have ever met! He is not a fan of cuddles and strokes although will occasionally let you touch him, providing it is convienient for him of course!

Despite this he is a very loving cat and lets you know he is happy in his own little way, like he always greets me at the front door when I come home although the dead mouse he brought me was not quite so welcome.

He is not a fan of the camera and normally when it comes out he hisses and makes sure it will be impossible to get a good picture so the one above is quite rare!

Casper

Casper came to me after I found him stuck in the tree in my front garden one day, crying like you wouldn't believe.
After rescuing him I saw that he was only tiny and was very worried that such a little boy was out alone. I let him go and hoped he would soon return home.

The next day I found him sat outside my front door, and the next day and the next! I eventually felt sorry for this little man and so I invited him in for a cuddle and some good food.

I decided that he must be lost so contated all the local vets and animal shelters and put notices up all over town and no-one ever came forward. Six weeks after I first rescued him from the tree, I put a collar on him and he became my second cat.

After taking him to the vet for a full check up the vet estimated his age at 14 weeks old, he is now 11 months.

Casper has always been a very loving (just look at him with the kitten) and playfull cat.
By the time Casper came along Olle was in his miserable stage and was NOT impressed, especially because Casper thought it was great fun to pounce on his tail while he was sleeping.

Now that Casper is older him and Olle get on much better and often snuggle up and sleep together.

After rescuing Casper I decided that I wanted to help more cats in need and I so I contacted my local RSPCA and offered to be a fosterer for the cats in their care.

Shortly after the cat re-homing officer visited me I was given my first rescue cat to care for.

Her name was Keira and she was just 5 months old.

Keira came into RSPCA care after being found wandering on a dual carriage way. No luck was had when tracing her owners and so she came in for re-homing.

She was a lovely little sweet cat and loved having cuddles. Her and Casper got on like a house on fire and they were often seen chasing each other around.

Keira was re-homed very quickly in just 2 weeks to a lovely couple who had previously adopted from the RSPCA a few years ago.

Before I even had chance to miss Keira I had a phone call telling me another cat was on it's way!

Suki was 18 months old.

Suki was originally a breeding cat but after having complications with her first litter her breeder decided that he did not want to have to pay for her treatment and so she was taken into the vets one day and never collected.

The vets contacted us and onto me she came.

Suki was a beautiful cat and had the most striking green eyes but she was so timid and scared. She didn't seam to know what a human was and the slightest little noise frightened her.

Thankfully a kind and understanding gentleman came forward to adopt her and after spending 20 minutes coaxing her out from behind my couch he fell in love.

The last I hear is that he has worked miracles with her and she is now very affectionate which is great news, with cats like Suki all it takes is patience!

After Suki I got very friendly with the cat re-homing officer and asked how I could help further and so began assisting with adoptions which is great! You really feel like you are doing something worthwhile.

A few weeks after Suki left, Meg came along.

Meg was found locked in a house with her owners dead body! No one had discovered this poor old lady and her cat and by the time Meg was found she was so skinny we did not think she would survive the night.

After a lot of vet treament she started to pick up fast and came to me shortly afterwards.

The vet estimated her age at 18 years old and we knew it would be hard to re-home her. She under went a full health check anhd it was discovered that her kidney's were failing and also she had quite advanced tumours in her bowels.

This poor old girl was never going to have a new home, she just wasn't well enough.

The decission was made to keep Meg comfortable with me until the time comes to put her to sleep.

This was 2 months ago and Meg is still here and going strong!

There is nothing I can do to take away the terrible ordeal she suffered but I intend on making her last days as happy as they can be!

At around this point I also began taking on more and more responsibilty at the RSPCA and eventually became the cat re-homing officer taking over the previous lady and I still do this now. I love every minute of it and while it can be hard I know that I am doing everything I can to help cats in need.

Just 5 weeks ago I recieved a phone call saying that a cat had been found with 6 newborn kittens and could I take them, I jumped at the chance!

Lola and her babies arrived shortly afterwards.

Lola was 14 months old and absolutely beautiful!

Lola was so affectioante and loving! She adored having strokes and cuddles and constantly followed me around pleading for attention, which of course she got!

She settled into the house like she had always been here and became great friends with Casper, she even won Olle round!!

She loves having her picture taken and will often 'pose' for the camera.

I fell in love with her within a week and applied to adopt her. Thankfully I was accepted and Lola is officially my third cat!

As for her babies....

It was discovered that she had 3 boys and 3 girls which were named .. Purdy, Lola Jnr, Lil, Bo, Lestat and Harley.

They are now 6 weeks old and are doing very well, despite a touch of conjuctivitus which I am currently treating.

They are all reserved and will be going (in pairs) to their new loving homes in 6 weeks time.

I will certainly miss them when they go but I have met every simgle adoter myself and know they are going to the best homes I could ask for.

So watch this space.... Who knows what's coming next?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #2

Re: Olle, Casper, Lola, Meg and the babies!!

What a lovely page dedicated to your furry family, it's so interesting to hear their stories...

Looking forward to your updates....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #3

What a wonderful story, I enjoyed reading all of it and admiring all the photos. It sounds like you're doing a great job as fosterer. I feel so sorry for both poor Suki who was abondoned by a breeder who never really wanted her as a pet, and Meg to be left alone with her dead owner for so long not known about. But they have obviously landed on their feet with you, and sounds like they all have the best of homes!

I look forward to hearing more about your future rescue stories, and your three gorgeous pusses.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #4

Than you for sharing those pictures and stories! Lovely cats; the tale of Meg had me a bit wet-eyed! And how wonderful for Suki! Adorable kittens, and I'd like to catnap Lola. Bless you for your care and compassion!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #5

Lovely pictures, lovely cats and a heart warming story. People like you renew my faith in human nature. Good going.

Those kittens are so cute!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #6

After reading your thread and looking at all those pics of such lovely cats and their stories I feel that you must be an Angel sent down to take care of all these little kitties needing good homes and care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #7

God bless you Rockmaiden for taking on the role that you have and for helping all those dear kitties. xxx

Catsey Junior

20-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #8

Thank you every one for your kind words.

I just love cats and want to do all I can to help, there's nothing to it just an extra mouth to feed here and there but even then all expenses are covered. It's time and love that these cats need.

Glad you all enjoyed reading the stories around the cats that have passed through my home and believe me there will be many more as new cats are brought it.

In fact I got a call a few hours ago about 3 feral kittens and their mum that I will have to go and trap soon so let's see what happens there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #9

Bless you for giving all these babies a happy loving home...

Catsey Junior

24-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #10

I am very sad to tell you all that Meg was pts today.

She went downhill very quickly and we felt it was better to let her go peacefully then have to suffer.

She will be missed dearly.