Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white
05-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #1

Jack's Page

Well i've got round to it finally. This is Jack's page I've delayed doing this as there as been some problems surrounding his microchip......

Well we moved in to this house in October and we agreed to re-home jack who lived here with the previous owners sadly the eldery lady had to go into a home suffering with dementia and Jack was fending for himself living in the garage since last December poor poor boy
a neighbour was feeding him.

I've just found out what a dreadful start to his young life he has had. I took him along to the vets 2 weeks ago and they tell me he's no more than 3 years old i thought he was older than that. then they checked for a microchip and low and behold he had one but and this is where the uncertainty comes in the elderly lady was not the registered owner the vets says he belongs to someone else in the village Oh no how do i tell the boys....I left the vets feeling very sad we had just built up a good level of confidence with him and he's finally begun to accept us i was gutted to say the least..

The vet has been trying to contact the person on the data base but with no luck.. phone numbers have changed and she has even written to them. but has had no reply..

I've found out that Jack's first owners moved away and he got left behind so the old lady took him but never took him to a vet ever!

Because they have had no reply they say with all the efforts made to contact the first set of owners and no response that next week we can update the microchip details and officaly become his owners

So fingers crossed, I feel so sorry for him 3 sets of owners in as many years and now we have arrived with one very big hairy golden retriever they seem to be getting on and Jack comes into the house at certain times of the day and we keep Max out of the way.... but thats on another thread

I will update you all next week when it's all sorted out but please cross your fingers for us

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #2

Re: Jack's Page

Fingers well and truly crossed

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #3

Jack looks very settled in your house with you now, it was good of you to take him on. Poor boy had been moved from pillar to post too often

Fingers crossed that everything works out well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #4

Lovely to see Jack settled and happy...Beautiful boy...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #5

Amazing isn't it - going to the trouble of getting your cat chipped and then leaving him behind, don't suppose you'll ever find out what happened there. Jack has had to adapt to survive but has landed on all four feet with you to take care of him. Lucky boy! Hope all goes as you wish.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #6

Poor Jack, what an unsettled life he's had! I'm so pleased you'll be able to keep him and give him the love and care he's been missing.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #7

Hasn't he got the most striking markings on his back? Gorgeous!

So pleased that it seems Jack has finally found his forever home.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white
14-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #8

Hi everyone,

well we have been back to vets this week and we can offically keep him, they have had no luck locating the first set of owners so he's ours.

i've to get in touch with petlog about changing the microchip detail's not sure what that will involve but hopefully it will be straight forward

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #9

oh bless him He was obviously meant to be yours. And I love the pic of him lounging on the chair lol.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #10

So pleased everything has been sorted and Jack officially belongs to your household...

I'm sure he will have a great Christmas with you this year!