Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
23-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #21

Re: Rover unlurking. :grin:

Thanks.

Roverian drama-cat.
Came home from work today - no cat to greet me. Usually he's pushing his way out the flat door squeezing himself to cigarette-paper thinness and moving at the speed of "meeeeeeeouw". No cat... Called "Rover...?" Still no cat. Asked Better Half, "What have you done with my cat?" "He's got a sore foot" and he pointed to the sleeping-bag catbed by the radiator. Two ears appeared and a limping cat. Foot examined (to loud hissing - he only does that when it really hurts) and a toe found warm, slightly swollen and the claw raggedly broken just by the quick. As soon as I sit down, he jumps on my lap, makes a great show of keeping his paw well clear of any contact. I wrap him up warm and stay still. Poor mittens. A sliver of ice from the freezer gets balanced on the good side of the sore foot so the cold melt-water can run over the sore toe (he won't tolerate anything touching the toe directly even slightly). Fingering quickcall button for "Vet - emergency". The movement nets me a murderous glance and a three-legged cat jumps off my lap and hides in the sleeping-bed again.

I wander through the flat, planning taxi, what to bring, what to tell the vet and I suddenly notice Rover on the mat in front of the door, asking to go out. "Cats go hide to die" I think, and bannish the thought. "Ok, you can go out in the hallway, but you're *not* going outside like that" Mind lists scary reasons why. I open the door and Rover wanders out. Putting weight on the foot. I follow and he bats at the grass-stalk he left there yesterday. "Hmm...". I slowly move the stalk away and he grabs it with both front paws - feeling better then....

After a good stick-chase up and down the stairs, thundering through the hall after thrown bits of turkey and a good pouchful of catfood I decide that the vet can wait until tomorrow (or Wednesday which is when I'd booked him in earlier for a few minor and decidedly unurgent health-glitches). His paw is still sore, so he is being seen by a vet, but with a bouncy, eating cat I think he can stew until I don't have to pay a fortune for his visit.

Cats...they're worrying enough when they are feeling well, but when they decide to feel poorly they don't half scare you to death.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #22

Hreow, you have a wonderful way with words and I really enjoyed reading that..

I hope Rover's bad foot gets better very soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #23

Lol @ Rover, don't they know how to play the sympathy vote!! I know exactly where you are coming from as one of mine isn't 'quite right' tonight and I'm umming and ahhing about calling the vet! cats eh??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #24

You are a wonderful story-teller Hreow - thank you for sharing!!! I've just read your chronicles too..........all very humerous and entertaining. I feel like I know you and Rover so well now!!!

He is totally stunning too - I love all the photos!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #25

Oh, they can be such "drama queens" if necessary, scaring the wits out of us! Awww, give Rover a pat from me and tell him I hope his poorly paw is much better tomorrow!!!Too bad cats can't be nominated for acting at the Oscars...that sounds like a great performance...!!

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #26

April fool's?

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #27

Just to add the most recent links to the comprehensive works of Rover.

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=20231
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=21807
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=23314

I can't add these to the OP any more. : /

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #28

Now what...?

As you can see, he's still there and still... concentrating on the more elevated planes of existance. A.k.a. sleeping. ^^

We'll be moving next week. Not to the field that I would like to give him to hunt in, but at least to a place where he can turn latch-key kitty and lounge on at least one roof of his own. I'll try to get him to stick on a few pictures, unlike the last batch which was a study in hind-quarters and back of head shots. He'll have a circular staircase to fall off, which should be fun to watch. ^_^

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #29

Good luck with teh move Hreow . . . delighted to read that Rover will become his own master in terms of the great outdoors.

Keep and eye on that boy though - he's so precious he needs guarding!

Looking forward to any future pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #30

What an absoloute beauty lovely coat and so photogenic, fantastic