Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
24-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #11

Re: Dahlia Monday

Well, we have been sitting in pitch dark for the past 15 minutes as we have a power cut, and it's pouring with rain. The foxes are still coming for their chicken but it does look eerie without the streetlights on. I've noticed the streetlights in my road are slowly being replaced by these almost daylight flourescent bulbs, the birds are going to get mightily confused when they are all replaced! I prefer the warm orange lights, at least they don't simulate daylight.

Pamela ever since I was at Uni if I felt a cold coming on I would always take 1000mg of Vitamin C each day for just a few days and this really seems to ward it off. I haven't had a cold for a few years now, and because you would need to have 17 oranges each day to have this effect the tablets are well worth trying.

Angie, easy on the star anise, just a corner as it's quite overpowering, the lemon peel gives it a nice freshness and the cinnamon a hint of spice. Cat's staff, these ingredients are all steeped together; split the sloes, add to the bottle and pop a cinammon stick, lemon rind, and bit of star anise in a nice bottle, then leave it in the cupboard until you are ready to use it or until it tastes to your liking.

Cat's staff there's some truth in a hot toddy being of benefit to a cold, no, really! Although alcohol depletes vitamin c, the hot alcoholic drink helps sweat it out of you during the night. ..can't wait for my next cold! Echinacea's very good Angie, the liquid kind in hot water's the best.

Edit: Just realised as I tried to post this, no power to my router so just got this message off after typing it half an hour ago!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #12

Thanks for the wishes for a quiet evening... Left parents at 7:10 and drove to guides - where I discovered that the 3 main car parks I'd choose to park in are now closed due to Tescos moving in... Not Impressed!!! A fairly busy evening at Guides - 2 games played, plus a bit of an info session on First aid. Given we've some girls still in primary school, and some who have recently sat their standard grades (O Levels/GCSE's) that's a bit of a difference in knowledge...

Home and time with wee one... But a break in some ways!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #13

Truth, I can vouch for Vitamin C ... have been taking it daily for years in 500 mg dosage, upped to 1000 when I suspect a cold is trying to come on, and have not had one in many many years. Plus.have a small glass of orange juice every morning.

Of course, having said that I'll probably come down with one now ......