Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #21

Re: Please use this thread to post 'disturbing'/animal cruelty related news

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmadjax
I saw another distressing vidio on utube too! a chinese woman stomping on a kitten they were still pictures but the last one was of her heal going through its eye, and i tell you something, i will never ever forget it! I clicked on it by mistake, it looked like a nice innocent picture of a tabby kitten. I reported it and it was pulled.
That's disgusting.
Did you need to write this post in such graphic detail?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #22

I really think this thread should be put to bed. A troll started it and by carrying it on there getting there way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
07-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I really think this thread should be put to bed. A troll started it and by carrying it on there getting there way.
I don't understand what you mean?? Do you mean someone has come on and reopened this to cause upset?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #24

No, what I mean is the person who posted this in the first place. It was to cause upset and it has. The person only ever made one post.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
16-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #25

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/3675..._cat_killings/

this is about 1 mile away from where we live. really hope they catch the sicko whos doing it. so sad

R.I.P babys.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #26

Words fail me!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
17-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #27

there was another story related to this but too grapic. i just hope they catch who ever is responsible

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #28

I think this woman should be punished in the worst way possible!

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/K...mal.3401018.jp

Good riddance to the sick *censored*

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #29

Oh my goodness Jac! I never posted the info about the chinese woman to cause upset, I had to vent, I just couldnt believe my eyes! You will all be pleased to know however, that the woman and the cameraman that carried out these vile attack, were taken out by the Animal Lib, she got what the kitten got, apparently she was a nurse of all things! lost her job, home, family everything! GOOD!! I hope she felt the same pain she inflicted on those animals! And by the way Jac, i have posted on here lots of times before, not in this section tho.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Balinese & 9 others
24-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #30

A teenager who put a four-week-old kitten in a microwave has been given 120 hours community service and banned from keeping pets for seven years.

This guy is a prat i can say that as i know him i used to teach him at the Red cross
Man who microwaved cat walks free

Declan Baker put the kitten in the microwave for about 10 seconds
A teenager who put a four-week-old kitten in a microwave has been given 120 hours community service and banned from keeping pets for seven years.

Declan Baker, 18, from Forfar, drunk half a bottle of whisky before cooking the young cat on 17 October last year.

A horrified friend rescued the kitten, which was convulsing and struggling to walk but it had to be put down by vets.

Animal welfare campaigners have said he should have been jailed and Baker was booed as he walked free from court.

Baker admitted the animal cruelty charges against him.

During questioning by police, he told officers that the kitten had been in the microwave for about 10 seconds.

He said it was a joke that went too far and that he regretted it.

Depute Fiscal Donna Brown told Forfar Sheriff Court: "The kitten showed signs of swollen legs and was given steroid injections to reduce inflammation.

"The next day it managed to eat and drink a little, but its body was still swollen. It was taken home by a vet nurse over the weekend and received treatment. But the decision was taken to put it to sleep.

"The vet said recovery would take too long and would involve too much suffering."

This individual's cruel and reckless behaviour clearly showed a total lack of empathy

Ross Minnett
Advocates for Animals

Defence solicitor Brian Bell told the court that his client had received death threats and had lost his job following the offence.

Sheriff Kevin Veal said: "To put a small, defenceless animal inside a microwave oven and then activate the oven, with the injuries the animal thereafter sustained is altogether appalling and utterly unacceptable."

However, he decided not to jail Baker, saying his sentence would be better served in the community.

He also ordered Baker to pay £150 compensation to cover vet's fees.

The Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals described the act as "barbaric."

Senior inspector Mark Lumgair said: "This was a horrific act of animal cruelty, beyond any sort of reasonable understanding.

"Not only was the cat subjected to agonising torture, but it did not die from its injuries and endured pain and suffering until it could be put to sleep by a vet."

Ross Minnett, director of Advocates for Animals, added: "We are disappointed that the sheriff failed to acknowledge the severity of this offence.

"This individual's cruel and reckless behaviour clearly showed a total lack of empathy and disregard for the level of suffering caused to the kitten."