Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
13-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #1

Cat weight?

Hi,

My gorgeous Henry is a ginger, 9 month old athletic Ragdoll X. He has a big appetite but is outside for most of the day, climbing trees, annoying the tiny Maltese next door and chasing birds fruitlessly. I make sure to not feed him too much and he hardly gets any treats - when he does they are healthy thrive ones.

I weighed him today, and he is exactly 4 kg. Now, his mother is an enormous raggie so he is going to be big. He's also quite a stocky (muscle, no fat) boy. Ragdolls mature at about four, so I guess he will mature at about two or three because he is half.

Henry still has many kitten looks about him. He will get quite a lot bigger,I am sure. I am taking him to the vet in a week for his nine month check up, so I will ask then, but how much heavier do you think he will get? I would love a massive chunky kitty!

And, can anyone else share how much their cat weighs/weighed at nine months?

Thanks so much!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
14-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #2

Re: Cat weight?

Marmaduke was probably around 4kg at 9 months, he's a BSH so quite big. He's now 16 months and 6.5kg, I think he's stopped growing but BSH mature at around 4

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #3

Re: Cat weight?

Harris at the age was only about 2.37kg but he had been ill as a youngster and took time to put weight on. He is still petite, no idea about skyes weight at that age unfortunately