Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Tortishell
08-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #11

Re: Hello cat lovers

Thank you for my lovely welcome. Chloe is much the same today and just greatful to have her home.

Many thanks for your lovely messages.

Chrissy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
08-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #12

Hi and welcome to Catsey, hope things get better with Chloe.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
09-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #13

Hi and welcome to Catsey. I do hope Chloe improves soon.

Cats owned: Tortishell
19-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #14

Hello wonderful cat lovers.
My beautiful baby Chloe passed away to cat heaven on Thursday 16th at 13 10. She was at home with those who loved her dearly.It seems so strange without her, and is everywhere as she had free reign of the house.
Can't get over how people say oh just get another one. She was with me for 15 years and my friend and can't replace her.
Give your cats a kiss from me as I miss mine so very much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #15

I'm so sorry Chrissy xxx
It's devastating when we lose a beloved pet, every one copes in their own way, some by getting another quickly, not as a replacement but as something else to focus on, and some need to take their time.
hugs to you at this very sad time xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #16

I'm so, so sorry Chrissy

Chloe is sleeping peacefully now, no more suffering..... you gave her 15 years of devoted love and care and that stayed with her to the end.

I can understand it will be very hard for you to cope with at the moment but the day will come when your sadness will ease and you will smile again when you recall the many happy memories you hold of her.

If you need to talk about your many years with Chloe, we are all here to listen and to help you get through this difficult period.

Take care ((((hugs)))) x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
19-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #17

I just want to add my condolences too, Chrissy. I know how devastating it is to lose a beloved pet.

I have just been reading Doreen Tovey's last book, Cats in Concord, and at the end she says "If anyone has lost a beloved cat and is grieving, I would urge them to get another. I am sure they were put into this world for our adulation - and I think that they think that way too."

I know at the moment you don't even want to think about replacing Chloe, but I'm sure the time will come when you will feel able to welcome another little puss into your home. I do hope so. Meanwhile lots of hugs. Jennyx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #18

I'm so sorry for your loss, Chrissy; it's so hard. but she had a long life with you, well loved, and is out of pain now. You cannot "replace" Chloe, there will never be another like her. But when you're ready there's a little cat out there waiting for a loving home who will ease that cat-shaped hole in your heart. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
20-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #19

My heart goes out to you. I lost my beautiful boy simon on the 10th of july and it so raw for me at the moment. Chole had 15yrs with wonderful caring people and i can see she was loved. Run free at the bridge. Sweet dreams

jane

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
20-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #20

So sorry to hear the news....

I agree with previous posts though... you'll never replace her but one day you'll think about it and need that special comfort, the nuzzle and the stern, disappointed look you are given when you put dry food down instead of wet... .. you'll know when & who!