Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #1

Cat rescue moral dilema

Hi
I am wondering what to do as my friend has sort of been adopted by the sweetest cutest tabby kitten (I think it is 6/7 month) She thought it was a stray but it lives with the people down her road who people have seen kicking her and abusing her . The owner are a nasty piece of work and the lady who saw them kicking the kitten has called the RSPCA but they won't do anything. So my friend and I are trying to find her a new home and we are planning on effectively cat knapping her (yes I know that is wrong hence the dilema) and putting her in a new home without the old owner knowing. She is skinny was starving hungry so my friend gave her some food which she scoffed so I don't think the owner are feeding her propperly if at all and they shut her out all day and all night. She is usually very thirsty when she come in to my friends house so I don't think she has access to water either and as she is coming up to the age where she can have kitten both me and my friend are worried that she will get pregnant as she has been in the area for a few month and we don't think she is spade.

She has been called suzie by my friend and has stayed with them most nights and the owner never comes looking for her so I don't think they would notice or care if she disappered.

So my question is what would you do and do you know any one who want a young ish kitten I will take some photos when I go for dinner. Any help is welcome.

My friend would keep her but she would be in a lot of trouble if the people who own her ever saw the cat with her. As the people there were very nasty to her. ASll the residents are trying to evict these people as they are nasty to everyone in the road.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #2

Re: Cat rescue moral dilema

Well if it was me Sally I would take the kitten, perhaps - if I had to, I would take it to a local vets and see if she is microchipped (if she wasn't) I would drive as far away from that place as I possibly could and take her to an RSPCA centre or Cat Protection, if I couldn't find a home with a trusted owner.

People like that don't deserve to have pets, as far as I am concerned they also have no rights over them either.

Oh and I would also do to them what they did to the cat!!! bl**dy people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
04-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #3

poor thing, I would try and find it a new home x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
04-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #4

I am with you all the way sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #5

I agree completely....that's one instance where catnapping is completely justified IMO !! Poor little thing...get her to a good loving home!! Keep us posted, please ......

Almost a Veteran Member

04-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #6

I have offically fallen in love and I am trying to see if I can take suzie. I have attached some pictures I took of her. Fromthe look of her I would say she is a bengal cross as she seems to be slightly rossted and have spots on her tummy.

the last photo was taken mid yawn

How could anyone kick anything that pretty.

Sally

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #7

She looks a lovely girl Sally, I hope you can keep her.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #8

She is certainly a very pretty girl and I do so hope that there is a very happy ending for this lovely lady. Please keep us posted sally...

Almost a Veteran Member

04-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #9

What ever happen she isn't staying with the current owner she will either go to wales with my friend parents or come to me.

Sally

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
04-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #10

awh she is a beauty.
it is a bit of a moral dilema - but only one you can make it. I know if it were me I would be tempted to get the cat to a good home. I can't believe the RSPCA won't get in involved - isn't that supposed to be part of their job - investigating animal neglect?

what I will never understand is why do these types of people even bother getting an animal - I mean if you couldn't care less for them why have them