Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #1

daily thread - Thursday

No snow here. The boys were ready by the door with their little puss-cat wellingtons ah, no, over-active imagination again! , but all we have is rain
Hoorah! Don't like the white stuff very much, or at least not the wet nasty kind we have here.
I have an opticianappointment this afternoon, and am hoping to get wear-all-the-time, night and day lenses. I'll let you know how that goes. if I get them i can imagine my life being *transformed* (and possibly my house being cleaner, as I spot, and therefore deal with, the grime.

Have a good day - don't forget those wellies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #2

Re: daily thread - Thursday

I've moved my daily thread in here....

hi everyone. We've had snow, only a couple of inches but there's plenty more coming down.
I woke up at 1am & had a peep outside,no snow. I woke up again at 4am, had a peep outside,no snow. When I got up at 6am it was here!
I never wake up in the night, it was sheer excitement at the thought of lots of snow.
I am going to work, well I'll see how I get on. I'm only doing visits today, so I've got around 200 miles to cover in total, so I may come home & cancel some if it gets too bad.
I'm taking my 2 girls with me, they had the choice of that or going to Nans. they both wanted to come with me.

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I've moved my daily thread in here....
I was just about to put a lock on my thread and move in with you!
As long as we're all cosy ...............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #4

I've moved my post into here too now....

Morning all, the snow has just started here in the last half hour or so and is already settling Not sure how I will negotiate getting to the farm to the horses this morning as it will be bad with snow up there It's Ruby's (my puppy) first experience of snow and she is charging around the garden full of excitement

Have a good day all and if you are travelling today, please take care x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #5

morning all, snow here lots of it im afraid ben (the dog) promptly fell over as he was zooming around too much, so im going out in the garden with the digi cam plus dog,
ron n reg are now quiet watching out the window.
all i can hear is the kids outside playing snowballs.
have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #6

I love it when the dogs put their noses right down into the snow and charge around like little furry snow-ploughs, working up a snowy mountain in front of them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #7

loads of snow here!!!!! wooohoooo OH has decided to work from home today which is nice. turned up the heating

Have a good day everybody

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #8

Morning all, the snow started here about 1.30am and by 3.00am there was a fine covering everywhere.

Looks like we have missed the worst of it as the roads and pavements are clear and it appears to be thawing ........... good for commuters but I really would have liked to have seen one good snowfall Still a child at heartI think!!

Take care if you need to go out and about .......... and stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #9

It's still snowing quite hard here. OH's on his way back from dropping Domi at nursery in my car, and then we're off to a meeting in Camberley - hopefully as it'll be all motorway/major A roads we should be fine. Dom's SO exciting by the snow it's lovely to watch him . . .

The Au Pair is moaning as she doesn't like snow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #10

Morning all.
Yip we still have the white stuff! Ceilidh and Darryle were out playing in it before he went to work.
Been naughty today. Oh I hear you gasp, not our Jac Ive kept Ceilidh off school . Were having cable installed at the house (at the moment no TV) They were very sketchy, between 1 and 6pm. Now you know if I left the house to go and get Ceilidh they would come then! So I have kept her home. She was moaning that she wouldnt have a snowball fight at school, so I'll give her one later. Not quite the same but hey ho.
Sun coming out now but were ment to get more flurries later.
If your out and about today take care and wrap up warm.

Edited to say I'm off out now to brave the weather. Talk later.