Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #1

Tuesday Daily.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley, Yola and anyone else who may look in.

Tuesday evening here after a warmish but windy day. It's meant to rain tomorrow morning. I've just had the cats out on the back lawn but they now seem to hate it and keep rushing back inside as if they're terrified. I don't know what's wrong with them all. When they're inside , all Freddie and Miracle do is fight with Dickens, while Snoddy and Betsey look on from a distance. They've never been as bad as this before.

Eva is still holding her own .I went with my sister to her vet today and she has given Eva more antibiotics and pain relief. Eva is eating well and seems happy, but the cancer cannot be treated, so the aim is to keep Eva comfortable as long as possible.Mary was going to get a second opinion from my own vet, Michele, but seems to be not so keen to do that at the moment, as the cat is doing OK.I'm not keen on the 2 vets Mary goes to , as they don't seem to have a lot of empathy, but as the cat is not mine, I must keep my big mouth shut.

I've cut the medication I'm taking for my back/leg in half ,as the pills are still making me very queasy, even though I take them with food and a big glass of water.I've got physio again tomorrow morning so will see how I go then.

PAMELA,I'll be thinking of you today.I do hope that you ,your dad and sister are all OK. It's good that you're going out for a meal. It will do you all good.Have a good couple of days off as well and I hope the weather improves for you. AND I'm so sorry about your friend's springer spaniel. She will be very upset. He sounds like a beautiful dog. Thank goodness she has other dogs in the house to love.

SHELLEY,sorry you haven't heard from Eric- I guess you win some and you lose some and that's just a part of life.At least you did all you could for him, and he knows where you are if he chooses to make contact again. it is disappointing though.AND I'm so sorry about the loss of your dolls. Let's hope that you manage to get them back .With all the Covid restrictions around, I know the mail is all messed up, so keep your fingers crossed that they will eventually find their way back to the sender and then back to you.I do hope you make it to the caravan on Friday and that the weather is fine for you.

YOLA, lovely to hear from you again. I do hope your knees have come right. I know you were having a lot of trouble with them.Sorry that you had to cancel your holiday in Italy but I'm sure you and your husband will have a magical time at the Cotswolds and the boys will look after the pets well for you.

Well everyone, I'm off to bed now with Snoddy and my book.Hope the sun shines for you all today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday Daily.

Afternoon Dinky et al.

It sounds like you're having a bit of a handful with cat behaviour at the moment - sorry to read that. The worst we get here is daft black persian Dexter pooing in the hallway. Thankfully I have a clear plastic runner over the cream carpet so any cleaning up is quick and simple.

My knees are going to have to be constantly injected with cortisone to keep the pain at bay I'm afraid. It's looking like every 3-4 months as the 1st injection has just worn off and been redone. They won't improve unfortunately. I'm now paying for the aerobics classes I used to both lead and take part in, in the late 80s (yes, fluorescent leg warmers n all, lol).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-10-2020, 07:12 PM   #3

Re: Tuesday Daily.

Evening Dinky and Yola,

Dinky be careful cutting the meds just in case they dont work like they are meant to. I wonder why the cats are fighting so bad just now? I hope they settle down. So glad to hear Eva is still doing well. Long may it continue and as long as she is happy.

Yola, thats a shame you will need to get injections for your knee going forward but if they work that is the main thing

We went for lunch today to celebrate mums birthday. Was nice having the 5 of us us there (dad, my sister, her partner and steven and i) just all chatting. Dad has decided that instead of constantly mourning mum, he is going to remember the good times and things that she done which is a positive step for him. I am trying to do that as well but its not always easy. Sitting relaxing tonight. I am meeting my friend tomorrow for coffee. Looking forwrad to seeing her as havent seen her for a while x

Take care everyone