Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #1

Windy Wednesday

Good morning Pamela and Shelley and anyone else who may be along.

Wednesday evening here after a rather windy day and it's just started raining now. Did a bit of shopping this morning just at our local mall, but couldn't get everything I wanted so will have to go further afield tomorrow. I've got my first physio appointment on Friday morning which I'm a bit scared about. I just hope the exercises aren't going to aggravate my leg because it's quite bearable now and I try not to take the pain killers unless I really have to.

My cats are still really vicious with each other.Frederick flew at Dickens this morning in the lounge and the fight was awful. A whole lot of white fur was all over the carpet and I couldn't separate them.Perhaps it's because they are two males, but poor Dickens is very submissive. and is no threat to Freddie who always starts the fighting.Freddie is also jumping on top of poor Betsey again and biting her neck.Now, when I go out, I have to shut Freddie in a bedroom so there are no vicious fights, because someone is going to get seriously injured.The two males have never got on, but just lately the problem has got much worse.

Eva, my sister's cat, is holding her own. She's on antibiotics and pain relief but is still eating and drinking and seems quite happy. Her vet says that the tumours are untreatable but the best they can do is keep her comfortable and happy for a time. Mary will know when the time is right to say goodbye but I saw Eva today, and she's still happy to be here.

PAMELA, sorry you didn't get to St Andrews on Sunday, but it sounds as if you really enjoyed Balmaha anyway.It must be a very beautiful spot, by the sound of it.That Sunday dinner you cooked sounds so yummy too.I could almost taste it.As to your question if I live near the beach - no I don't. it was just that the cat carrier I bought happened to be near the beach so we just thought we'd go down and have a look. I don't actually like water at all, and the sea frightens me. I can't even look at pictures of the ocean because I feel I'm being drawn into it somehow.BUT I know what you mean when you say you love the sea - lots of people do - and houses in the beach suburbs are very pricey.

SHELLEY, how disappointing that your dolls are being sent back to Amsterdam.I do hope that the seller will try and send them back to you.It's so frustrating when you are waiting for something and then your hopes are dashed.I wonder if the mail is being affected by Covid.? I know that our mail deliveries here have been slowed down to nothing and it was impossible to send mail overseas while we were in lockdown. Now, NZ is in Level 1,. our mail services are meant to be returning to normal, or so I'm told. It must be a good feeling to have caught up with all your work. It gives you a sense of achievement.

Well everyone, I hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday and stay safe. Gotta go and watch Coro Street now.

Love to all Catsey cats (even the fighting ones), dogs and their guardians.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-10-2020, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Windy Wednesday

Hi Dinky and Shelley and anyone who may pop by.

Its been raining on and off here today. Its days like this i am glad i work from home.

Dinky, i do hope poor Dickens is ok. Poor boy always being picked on. Harris bullies Skye an awful lot especially if he doesnt get to go out he takes it out on her. She is much bigger than him but doesnt fight back. She just runs away but she can nuzzle him out of his food and he doesnt fight back It is a strange dynamic with my 2 but it has always been that way. I am glad Eva is holding her own even though she is so poorly, im sure Mary will know when the time is right for Eva.

Thats a shame you dont like the sea. The waves fascinate me. I love taking photos of the swell of them. I am scared of swimming in it though and have only done so when Steven and i went on holiday to Majorca one year because he coaxed me in and stayed with me the whole time.

Shelley sorry to hear you didnt get your dolls as expected. I do hope they get sent back to you soon. I do hope you dont come under the tighter restrictions in England, I unfortunately am classed as staying in the central belt of Scotland so we have the tighter restrictions and it looks like there may be more as the number of people who have sadly died in Scotland doubled in 24 hours. I do hope they don't place travel restrictions as i wouldnt be able to see my dad who is also classed as staying in another area of the central belt. I shouldnt be going to see him anyway just now as we arent allowed in others houses but i cant leave him on his own. My sister is across the road but he needs both of us just now.

I hope you both enjoy your day I am due back to work shortly