Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #21

Re: Harris not well again

All the very best for the scan tomorrow Pamela.Let's hope that it all goes well and Harris will be feeling much better soon after the proper treatment. I'll be thinking of you and your beautiful boy tomorrow and waiting to hear how he is..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #22

The confusion continued at the vet this morning as the nurses still insisted he wasn't on the ultrasound list!! They have taken though as OH insisted and pointed out the appointment for tonight to get the results. Will update later when we have themm

Catsey Veteran

28-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #23

Ultrasound has come back clear of any cancers and tumours which we learned tonight they thought was a real contender for what is wrong with him. Thankfully that is not the case.

They still arent sure what is wrong with him though so need to wait until the blood results come back hopefully tomorrow and see what they show.

ON th eplus side, he has perked up and ate some burger and chicken tonight when he came in. Th epoor wee soul has a shaved bit under his chin, leg and now one of his sides

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-07-2015, 10:23 PM   #24

It's very good that those conditions are ruled out .... poor wee Harris, hopefully the bloods will show something that will respond to treatment. Still sending healing vibes aplenty and ((((HUGS)))) for all the worries his illness is causing.

Almost a Veteran Member

29-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #25

Thank goodness there are no tumours to be found Pamela. i really hope that the blood tests reveal something that can be fixed easily. It's great that he is eating a bit again. He will be in my prayers tonight as always. What a worrying time you are having with your poor boy. I hope that the end will soon be in sight for both of you and Harris is once more back to his normal self. Hugs to you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #26

Hello Pamela,
sorry just catching up on here. I do hope the vets find what is wrong with Harris soon, poor boy x

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #27

Still no closer to finding out but the vet has seen an improvement tonight. Been given a long lasting antibiotic jag and a 5 day steroid jag. Back on Wednesday so hopefully there will be another improvement.
Thank you for your well wishes x

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #28

update tonight, vet sees an improvement in harris which is great. He has put on a little bit of weight but he is still jaundice slightly. His coat is looking better and she has assured us he is not in pain or suffering and that he is getting better slowly but surely.

He has had a long lasting antibiotic injection as we are struggling to get him to take his meds. He also got a steriod injection which i hope boosts his appetite.

Back on wednesday next week again and hopefully he has improved even more

He asked me to say thank you to you all for your constant healing vibes and thoughts

He must have omproved a bit as i gave him some chicken tonight and he growled and hissed at skye then chased her which he has not done in weeks!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #29

good to hear Pamela. Hope he continues to improve

Almost a Veteran Member

31-07-2015, 10:20 PM   #30

That's the best news ever Pamela. I'm praying for Harris that his rcovery will be quick and he'll be back to normal in no time. It sounds as if he's heading in the right direction. Keep it up Harris.