Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
11-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #1

Bozita

I have recently given my cats Bozita with chicken and with shrimps. Both flavours seem to have given Fecto and Huggins the runs. I bought it for Big Fooze who is cereal and gluten intolerant but he's not that keen. I have loads left. I have fed the elk one before but they got fed up and wouldn't eat it. I thought chicken and shrimp cos I thought it would be easier on the tummy. Has anybody any experience of feeding Bozita and how did they get on?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #2

Re: Bozita

Hi FM, sorry , I've got no experience with Bozito as we don't have that brand here. I just hope your poor boys get over their upset tummies quickly. I have the same problem when I run out of RC biscuits and give my babies supermarket biscuits until I can get to the vet clinic and get more RC. Upset tummies are no fun, especially when you have white fluffy indoor cats !!!!! Love to my beautiful Barnaby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #3

Sorry FM - I've not tried that brand at all, actually not heard of it and shan't bother trying it either! Kizzy won't eat anything other than her RC Digestive Comfort biscuits but Pip is more adventurous and is currently enjoying a tin of Encore per day. He likes both the chicken and fish varieties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #4

I feed mine Bozita, we get all flavours and some a preferred to others. The shrimp/ fishy ones can be a bit rich, but most of mine love it and do well on it.
I have a couple of older cats who are being awkward about eating it after being on whiskas all their lives ( before coming to me) but they usually adapt, although the bigger chunks might be part of the problem.

Might be worth going for the more routine flavours like chicken, turkey and rabbit.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
12-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #5

Thanks folks. I will try them on just the chicken one Farthing. They love that one and the shrimp, even Inky tries it. Perhaps it's not that upsetting their tummies. I sympathise with the white cats Dinky. OH bathed Fecto the other day, he has very fluffy pants and gets a bit smelly in general cos he's old. He smells gorgeous now and his coat is lovely. I will pass on big fusses to Barnaby, he is so pleased his Auntie Dinky loves him. Barnaby doesn't do wet food unless his Daddy eats it. He and Barnes share plates sometimes! Big Fooze and Huggins LOVE Encore Angie. I got some on offer the other day. It suits Big Fooze's tummy as well.

I get a lot of food over t'internet cos it's cheaper but I can only get Encore in the supermarket. Thanks for the feedback people. Back to the drawing board, or should I say cat dishes.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
16-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #6

Bozita? Elk?! Crikey, not heard of that one before. I always say if it's not something they would be able to catch in the wild (cow, elk, deer, etc') then don't feed too often. Chicken, and rabbit ok, fish occasionally, although I don't often see mouse or vole flavour very often, strange that..