Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
15-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #21

Re: Aggression for no apparent reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
It could be an old injury that is causing him pain. The Big Fooze swipes me if I stroke his back or tummy sometimes. I think he gets tummy ache, I also think he has an old injury to his spine. I have old fractures on my feet that are from years ago,. A stirk trod on me while I was dehorning, I've dropped big stones on my feet while dry stone walling, I've been stamped on by lots of sheep. One foot in particular feels like someone is hitting it with a hammer, especially at night. I think this is due to damp and cold weather, maybe Tom is the same. Could he have any sort of fish oil on his food, would that help?
He's had oily fish in the past, but he went off it and decided he didn't like it any more.

Ebony takes one look at fish and decides she'll only eat it if it's in water (Tom says it's boring now and Ebony seems to think it's too slimy if it's in oil)

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #22

Another update: Just got back in from the vets, vet said Tom was showing obvious signs of pain round where I was concerned about him and he's got a high temperature, she gave him an injection to help get his temperature down and to help take away the pain of whatever's hurting him, I'm to keep an eye on him tonight and phone them tomorrow if Tom's no better. Tom refused breakfast this morning before the vet trip and just lay on the floor not wanting to move anywhere and had a hiss and a spit at me when I got him in his basket although he didn't show physical signs of resistance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #23

Oh poor lad .......... sending healing vibes for Tom.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
16-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #24

What a poorly boy, I hope the vet can find out what it is. I know it sounds daft but it worked for me and Big Fooze. Have you thought about an animal communicator. A friend of mine told me about Big Fooze from an emailed photo. BF wasn't very happy with us and was quite poorly but Elaine told me what was wrong with him and how to help him. Just a thought.

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #25

Mum's got an animal communicator friend of hers who's also a vet nurse to try and talk to him, Tom basically told her to hiss off and refused to have anything to do with her, the animal communicator said he apparently told her that he hates her and she can f word off.

Tom's still very lethargic but I've managed to persuade him to eat something, he still hisses and swipes at Ebony if she goes over to him to try and look after him.

I'm trying not to cry, I don't know if we'll lose him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #26

Did the vet run a blood count? With older cats like Tom, I'd always want them to run some bloods in order to check organ function etc.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/fever-in-cats

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Did the vet run a blood count? With older cats like Tom, I'd always want them to run some bloods in order to check organ function etc.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/fever-in-cats
She said I'm to take him in again tomorrow if he's no better, she gave him an injection to help with his pain and his infection (he's running a temperature), she's going to have him taken to the bigger branch of the vet for an xray when I take him back in.

I'm going to mention tomorrow that I saw him trying to bite his back just now, I'm not talking trying to groom it I'm referring to properly trying to bite it.

He just let me stroke his head but he says "I will bite you if you touch my back because it hurts"

Definitely taking him back tomorrow, he's still needing a lot of coaxing to eat, drink and move. The insurance pays the vet directly with Ebony, do you think they'll be the same with Tom?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
16-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #28

I don't know about insurance but thank God you have it. I really hope Tom is OK. I know I am throwing things out there and tell me to get lost if you want but what about Reiki or any other hands off healing? I would try anything to stop my cats being in pain. Some may poohoo such things but any port in a storm I say. Lots of virtual hugs for Tom.

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #29

I'm definitely phoning the vet the moment they open in the morning, Tom's started biting himself on his back again and not a case of trying to wash his back

Catsey Veteran

17-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #30

I phoned the vet, he's going in again in about 2 hours time