Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #1

Zoom Groom Brush

Hi,

After getting immensely tired of the numerous ginger hairs turning up in food despite a sterile kitchen, I bought a Zoom Groom brush for Henry when he went for his 9 month check up.

I am absolutely amazed at the amount of hairs it has got off!! Handfuls! It makes his hair all shiny and he loves it, too.

The more I brush, the more hair comes off. It never stops coming off. Is it all dead hair that needs to come off, or could it be that the brush is taking off hair that shouldnt be coming off yet??

How long for should I use it at one time? Is it safe to brush him about twice a day for two mins?

Thanks!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #2

Re: Zoom Groom Brush

I have a zoom groom, and I would think that only dead/loose hair will be coming out, especially at this time of the year. I would groom Henry as often as he likes, he will tell you if he's getting sore or fed up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
10-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #3

Agree with Angie. I have a Zoom Groom for both the dogs and cats

One of the dogs and one of the cats go into a dream like state when i use it, they love it. Katie (dog) likes it and will come to be groomed, the other cats tolerate it.

It doesn't take out anymore than what is ready to come out and by massaging your pet as you use it, you are building up a lovely relationship

It is one of the best grooming tools ever invented

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
10-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #4

Thanks!! It is indeed amazing. Plus, being waterproof, you can just rinse it if you ever have to brush out unsavoury matters from your cat's fur due to a dodgy tummy.

These days, with Henry coming in from the garden covered in pollen and dead flies, it's extremely useful

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: non pedigree
10-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #5

it sounds good, I think I'll get one for the kittens to, Katara especially is a little fluffball lol

Great to hear it is very effective for your Henry xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
10-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #6

I got one of these, as was just using a nailbrush before and wanted something more effective.

Myszka only has very short fine hair, but he's shedding quite a bit. This thing is AMAZING! Myszka loves it and it really grooms through the hairs to get the loose ones out

Can recommend.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
14-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #7

The zoom groom is brilliant. I originally bought the cat zoom groom for my rabbits and the cats decided they wanted me to use it on them too! They purr like mad when I use it on them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #8

A little tip from doggy users of zoom groom, wet the zoom, shake off excess water, the groomer will then take off loose fur and any scurf/dandruff with it, then just run it under the tap. A very good tip!

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #9

This sounds like a great grooming tool! May have to nip and get one today and start getting the kittens used to it!