Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #1

Tangos test results are back

Tangos latest test results have at last given us a diagnosis, he has 'feline triad disease' which means he has Pancreatitis (inflamation of the pancreas), IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) and Liver disease all at once.

Apparently it is quite common in older cats.
Unfortunatly its not one of those things that can be cured with a few pills, its probably never going to get completly better, although I have read of a few cases where cats have recovered with the right diet and care so We will of course be trying everything!
Its good to actually have a diagnosis, even though its not really a good one, I knew it wasn't going to be good already, hes been sick for months.... but now we can try some new treatments.

Hes been taken off the antibiotics for now, we're on day 3 of no antibiotics and hes fine, if he gets sick he'll go straight back on them, hes supposed to eat just 'light' cat food and chicken for a while, and were going to try some kind of digestive enzyme powder of his food that is supposed to start digesting the food for him. In the future he may have steriods too, but were going to cross bridges as we come to them rather than worry about it all at the same time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #2

Re: Tangos test results are back

I'm pleased that you have a diagnosis at last albeit not what you really wanted to hear. It sounds like the condition can often be managed so I hope that this is the case for Tango. Do let us know how he gets on x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
16-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #3

It must be reassuring to have a diagnosis at last, even though it's not great news.

Now you know what you're dealing with you can give him the best possible care.

I hope he continues to be okay without the antibiotics. Keep us posted.

Hugs to you both (((( ))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #4

At least you know what it is now, the frustrating part is not having a clue as to what is going on! Glad to hear that he's doing ok so far, long may it continue. Have you looked into feeding him a raw diet, it is something I have been looking into with Teddie and a lot o things written about it have been from people who have cats with similar problems to Tango, and they say that after a short time on raw feeding the difference in their cats is astonishing. The only thing putting me off it tbh, is the sourcing of some of the ingredients you need.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #5

Pleased to hear you have a diagnosis for Tango ......... I do hope he continues to improve.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #6

I hope you'll find the correct treatment for him and he enjoys some more quality time with you,

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #7

Thanks for your replies, I hadn't thought about a raw diet, will have to look into it, I have a lot of reading up to do about a lot of things now!
Lets just hope theres something we can do to make him feel better.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
16-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #8

Now you know what you are dealing with you will be able to relax a bit... hope Tango improves quickly....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #9

Not the best news, but at least with the diagnosis you know what steps to take to help him...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #10

At least you know what you are dealing with, and you can do exactly that.
Glad Tango is improveing. (((()))) hugs to you both.
Onwards and upwards.