Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #41

Re: Teddie very bad again

I have no advice other than to say I changed vets after many years, they are oddly enough no more expensive than the vets I was with before however THEY CARE. I have never had a problem at all everyone from the receptionist to the vets are nice and helpful and I think knowledgable although if they don't know they are wiling to listen and find out.

No idea what to suggest but my old Stafford bitch Gyp had IBS, once we hit on the right diet we were away but she was about 13-14 when she was diagnosed not a pup or kitten like Teddy is.

The key is regardless of the cheapest or most expensive vets in the area is a vet who you believe LISTENS to you and you can build a trust with,

Karen

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
25-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #42

Just having a look on the hills web site and I thought I would post the diet for sensitive diets.
the below link is for d/d
http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/prod...bmLocale=en_GB

Feline i/d™

For the Nutritional Management of Cats with Gastrointestinal Disorders Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders affect both the stomach and intestines, creating painful symptoms that can have an impact on your cat’s overall health. The most common symptoms associated with GI disorders are vomiting, regurgitation, flatulence, weakness, diarrhea or constipation. Prescription Diet™ Feline i/d™ is a highly digestible formula created specifically to help manage cats with GI disorders. There are several types of GI disorders that affect cats, including colitis, constipation/diarrhea, gastroenteritis and pancreatitis.

Feline z/d™ Low Allergen

For the Nutritional Management of Cats with Food Allergy and Intolerance Food allergy and intolerance, also called adverse reactions to food, can cause serious skin and stomach problems in your cat. This condition is usually an abnormal response to a specific protein in food. Prescription Diet* Feline z/d* Low Allergen has an exclusive ingredient called Hill’s Hydrolyzed Protein System*, a process that eliminates animal intact proteins and significantly reduces the possibility of an adverse reaction to food. For cats, most allergic reactions occur as a result of beef, dairy products and fish. Feline z/d* Low Allergen eliminates these.

The below link has got a kitten feeding guide on it so it must be OK for kittens
http://www.walthamusa.com/Learning%2.../HP23-dry.html
anoter walthams diet
http://www.walthamusa.com/Learning%2.../RD30-dry.html
nopt sure if any of the above will be any good I thought I would look to see what Tilly might be allowed and to see if there was any canned sensitive food as she likes that more.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
and to see if there was any canned sensitive food as she likes that more.
Sally
Sorry for diversing here Alex just wanted to let Sally know that Royal Canin do a sensitive diet (wet diet) in pouches. Don't know if you have tried it Sally but Porsha tolerates it well and very much enjoys it

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
25-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Sorry for diversing here Alex just wanted to let Sally know that Royal Canin do a sensitive diet (wet diet) in pouches. Don't know if you have tried it Sally but Porsha tolerates it well and very much enjoys it
Thanks I will see what my vet recommends.

Alex below is a link with another owner who sound like she had similair problem to you. There are also recipes for making cat food on there
http://www.catnutrition.org/

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
25-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #45

I use a good vet Alex, he now has 5 practices, Walsall, Brownhills, Lichfield, Darlaston and another in Walsall. I can reccommend them fully, if you want details let me know.
Dawn,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
Thanks I will see what my vet recommends.

Alex below is a link with another owner who sound like she had similair problem to you. There are also recipes for making cat food on there
http://www.catnutrition.org/

Sally
I have spent the last half hour looking at that site funnily enough Sally . It intrigues me the idea of doing a raw diet with her, and that website is very informative. I just wonder where I would get half of the ingredients from . It's certainly something to consider though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I use a good vet Alex, he now has 5 practices, Walsall, Brownhills, Lichfield, Darlaston and another in Walsall. I can reccommend them fully, if you want details let me know.
Dawn,
Thanks Dawn. If I don't have any luck tomorrow I will contact you for details. I don't mind in the slightest having to do a bit of travelling if I could finally find a vet I like (and I'm not that fussy, honest)!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #47

See I think thats what you need a vet you have a little faith on or recomended by someone you know who wouldn't stand any rubbish ie Dawn, Smudgley

May be the way to go.
Karen

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
It intrigues me the idea of doing a raw diet with her!
I might be putting a dampner in here but as much as I raw feed my dogs and part raw feed my cats and as much as Porsha loves the raw diet it doesn't really agree with her I have to be very careful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #49

Ah! I hadn't realised that you gave your cats raw food Fran. Where do you buy your raw granule supplement thingy from or do you use a different recipe that doesn't need it?

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Ah! I hadn't realised that you gave your cats raw food Fran. Where do you buy your raw granule supplement thingy from or do you use a different recipe that doesn't need it?

I don't feed a granule supplement Alex. My cats are only part raw fed so I feel they get enough of what they need from the cat food that they also have. My dogs have all sorts of supplements including alfalfa, kelp, salmon oil, nettle etc etc...

I love the raw diet and really think it is the best you can give your pets but I have to restrict Porsha, she just doesn't seem able to tolerate it very well at all