Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #31

Re: Teddie very bad again

Alex, why don't you give the RCVS a ring? Explain everything to them and they may be able to offer advice and may certainly be able to recommend a reputable vet in your area

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #32

Thanks Fran. Just had a quick look there, my current vets is one of their 'accredited practices', lol!! Will give them a ring tomorrow though and see what they say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #33

Alex, I remember when my old boy Winston was still around. I changed vets twice. The third vet I went to and have stuck with was very knowledgable on Winstons condition, very informative and willing to listen to me which is important because I knew him better than any one and I was his voice.
Maybe call around vets in your area. Take some notes or write down the questions you want to ask. The one that sounds the most informative and sympathetic is the one I would go to for another consult on Teddie. Go with your gut feelings. Dont be afraid to ask them questions.
Let us know how you get on chum, we are all here for you. xxx

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #34

Thanks Elaine, I will. I'm just afraid of going to these vets and their eyes lighting up with pound signs!! 'oooh here's someone we can make a load of money off'.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #35

I know Alex, I felt the same. Arm yourself to the back teeth with all the questions you want answered.
From what they can do for her currently to what they would be prepared to do for her.
And do read as many links as you can about different possibilities so that you are not jumping in blind, if you know what I mean.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #36

You could even bring up the possibilities of pancreatitis, IBS etc and explain to them that you have already had a lot of different anti biotics etc which havent resolved the situation and in some instances made it worse.
Which ever vet you decide on can ask your vet for all Teddies notes, and they will see for themselves what has been tried and tested.
All the very best xxx

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #37

I've read so many links today my head is swimming with info Elaine, lol! I am now leaning towards the IBS way of thinking, perhaps pancreatitis, but will have to wait and see.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #38

Alex - remember, you are the client/customer here. I think Elaine's right about putting together a list and actually saying that you are looking for the best possible vet care for your cat and would they please answer you concerning their experience of cats with stomach/bowel problems.

Emma too, is right. You could end up throwing lots more money at 2nd rate vets and still not have a solution, yet a good vet may cost more but may solve Teddie's problem sooner rather than later.

I know you're between a rock and a hard place with this at the moment. I wish there was some practical and helpful advice I could offer but it don't have any experience of the problems you're going through with Teddie.

All I can say is that your dedication and love for Teddie is quite inspirational and to be admired.

Hugs for you both {{{}}}

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #39

Again Alex, I know and understand how that all feels. I was exactly the same with the whole CRF stuff. But its amazing just how much info your brain can hold.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #40

Thanks Yola x