Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
19-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #1

Casper all big and grown up.

I have to chuckle at my Casper.

A few older 'boss cats' (including 3 of mine) have passed away in the last year or so and it seems we have nothing but kittens prowling our local patch these days.

He's just a baby himself really but (apart from my Paddy cat who he relies upon for back up) he lives in bliss on the fence, mostly because he has Paddy or his dogs to help him be all brave if another young cat comes by.

His Uncle Murphy would be proud of him XX

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
19-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #2

Re: Casper all big and grown up.

Gorgeous boys!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

He certainly looks like a confident overlord, Phil!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #4

Definitely a top cat. Some excellent shots there, black cats are so hard to photograph well

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
25-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #5

Hi everybody

Sorry to say my little Casper has gone AWOL

I know he's gone missing in the past but it's been 9 days now.

I've been and knocked on doors, checked sheds, gone walkabout and posted on our village social media page.

Paddy Cat is missing his wee buddy and I'm not sure what else I can do now.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
26-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #6

Please don't give up hope. Our Inky went missing a few weeks ago but he appeared none the worse for wear 10 days later. Are you on any social networks besides this one or do you know anyone who is? They can really help get the info about Casper out there. I hope he turns up soon. I've just seen your pics, they are gorgeous boys.

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
26-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
Please don't give up hope. Our Inky went missing a few weeks ago but he appeared none the worse for wear 10 days later. Are you on any social networks besides this one or do you know anyone who is? They can really help get the info about Casper out there. I hope he turns up soon. I've just seen your pics, they are gorgeous boys.
Thanks

It's on our local FB page - everybody has checked sheds etc. Fingers crossed he's just gone walkabout as I know he can feed himself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #8

Hi Phil
I really hope you get this gorgeous boy back he is a stunner.
This is a list of things we advise folk, most of which youve done but you might find something useful on it x
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PET GOES MISSING ……..
1: Leave out something with her smell on it, like her bedding, or even some of your clothing in a wee cardboard box in the garden.

2: Leave out some food something with a scent to help her find her way home.

3: Put leaflets through doors for neighbours to check sheds and garages - or even knock the doors and ask them and wait while they check

4: Keep going out shaking treats around the area and calling her. Listen for her in case she is confused or scared somewhere. Especially at night when it is quiet.

5: Leave her hutch open (small furries)

6: Put up posters or notices in shops, on lamposts, everywhere! In case someone has taken her in or is feeding her.

7: Ring local vets in case she has been handed in as a stray and leave your details with them.

8: Post on other pages too – and comment on the posts so that you can follow them and keep checking back as you don’t always get notifications

9: Post on Pets Lost and Found Pages. Put an ad on Gumtree Lost and Found – without your phone number (to avoid hoax callers)

10: Check that your chip details (if applicable) are registered properly (so many aren’t). Get your paperwork and go onto Petlog or Anibase website and check details.

11: Message the lost & found pages with your phone number and to keep in touch and remind us to repost every few days.

A lot of information there but all very important tips …… and they do work!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #9

So sorry Phil ...... I hope he comes home very soon.

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
26-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Hi Phil
I really hope you get this gorgeous boy back he is a stunner.
This is a list of things we advise folk, most of which youve done but you might find something useful on it x
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PET GOES MISSING ……..
1: Leave out something with her smell on it, like her bedding, or even some of your clothing in a wee cardboard box in the garden.

2: Leave out some food something with a scent to help her find her way home.

3: Put leaflets through doors for neighbours to check sheds and garages - or even knock the doors and ask them and wait while they check

4: Keep going out shaking treats around the area and calling her. Listen for her in case she is confused or scared somewhere. Especially at night when it is quiet.

5: Leave her hutch open (small furries)

6: Put up posters or notices in shops, on lamposts, everywhere! In case someone has taken her in or is feeding her.

7: Ring local vets in case she has been handed in as a stray and leave your details with them.

8: Post on other pages too – and comment on the posts so that you can follow them and keep checking back as you don’t always get notifications

9: Post on Pets Lost and Found Pages. Put an ad on Gumtree Lost and Found – without your phone number (to avoid hoax callers)

10: Check that your chip details (if applicable) are registered properly (so many aren’t). Get your paperwork and go onto Petlog or Anibase website and check details.

11: Message the lost & found pages with your phone number and to keep in touch and remind us to repost every few days.

A lot of information there but all very important tips …… and they do work!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
So sorry Phil ...... I hope he comes home very soon.
Thanks folks