Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
24-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #101

Re: The FURminator ........ is GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I converted my sister to using a rubber curry comb on her lab, the results are stunning and they only cost around 90p.
I had one of those but I think because milo is crossed with a border collie too I found it hard work especially on his ruff.

Milo has never looked so shiny.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
I had one of those but I think because milo is crossed with a border collie too I found it hard work especially on his ruff.

Milo has never looked so shiny.
Maybe try the plastic curry comb instead. I use it on Toby Williams, being a collie he gets pussy willows stuck deep in his coat. Works great and again at a fraction of the price.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
26-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #103

I bought my furminator on E bay try there first but well worth the money..Millie loves being brushed with it

Cats owned: 23 year old black female. RIP 13/09
02-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #104

I've recently bought a Zoom Groom for my old girl. It's got a couple of dozen of big soft rubbery cone shaped 'teeth', so it doesn't scratch or srape her, as she's getting a bit thin now.
The loose hair sticks to it (static?) Anyway, it makes her drool and purr, so grooming is now a pleasure for both of us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidechris
I've recently bought a Zoom Groom for my old girl. It's got a couple of dozen of big soft rubbery cone shaped 'teeth', so it doesn't scratch or srape her, as she's getting a bit thin now.
The loose hair sticks to it (static?) Anyway, it makes her drool and purr, so grooming is now a pleasure for both of us!
Yes I have been thinking of getting a zoom groom. They have come highly recommended to me

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Blue BSH
ShorthairMartin is Male
08-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #106

My Girlfriend brought a Furminator home with her today... OMG it wont stop! Will it ever stop? I didn't realise Milo had that much fur!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorthairMartin
My Girlfriend brought a Furminator home with her today... OMG it wont stop! Will it ever stop? I didn't realise Milo had that much fur!!!
I have five cats, 3 big ones and the 2 siamese, and the amount of fur that comes out of them I could use to knit a couple of sweaters... Does give them a lovely glossy coat too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #108

Can anyone give me hints about how to accustom Kizzy to being groomed? I have tried the Zoom Groom, but she doesn't like that. I have got a Furminator, but haven't tried that yet. I guess little and often, but any handy hints would be gratefully received from those experienced hands!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #109

I started Cassie with a soft brush..........tried one or two strokes with it at first and then held the brush still by her 'cheeks'...... she discovered it was nice to rub her head against it. I continued on from there, a bit more each day and now she comes running to me when she sees her brush.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorthairMartin
No one believes it the first time they try it. Amazing, isn't it?