Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #11

Re: Motor oil out of a cat's coat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie84
During horrible oil spills (off coast lines) wildlife people mainly use washing up liquid (and then a bath) to get the oil out of birds' feathers. Something in washing up liquid that emulsifies fats and oils. I'd certainly prefer this to a cat ingesting motor oil.
Canis-Equus mentioned this and I have filed it away as a good idea. Washing up liquid is formulated to take care of grease so yep, that's a possible solution. I used it when my son rubbed gobs and gobs of vaseline all over everything

The reason I don't just want to leave it is because it's a recurring problem and we don't know how much she may have ingested She seems ok within herself, but we don't see her often enough to be sure that she is - although, as mentioned, when we catch her we will take her straight to a vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #12

Good luck with her Snoof. She deserves a bit of TLC.

Cats owned: Toms
29-09-2006, 12:29 AM   #13

I also just use a baby wipe( sensitive skin) Billy is always comin home covered, he loves going under he cars as they are warm.