Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #1

Sunny Sunday daily

Hi Everyone,

The weather has been beautiful here for the last week. Bit cold at times but it has been dry.

Kazz, that was good of you to do the shopping for family members. I hope the cake turns out well

DInky, how is your wee bird doing? I hope he is feeling better? How is Willow? Hoping she has recovered from her seizures.

We had a lovely long walk with the dogs this morning before it got too warm. OH painted the shed which has been long overdue as its not been done before we moved to the huse 3.5yrs ago!! It looks like new! I went for a run today to contribute to the virtual relay my club are doing t keep us motivated to go out. My section this time was 5km which was plenty. Struggled with the heat and had to walk a little bit every so often but was still a decent run. Going to have a zoom call with my folks later. Will be teh first time i have seen them since the week before lockdown so looking forward to it

Take care everyone and stay safe

Pamela

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday daily

Hi Pamela, Shelley and Kazz,
It's Monday early evening here and it's been a warmish day, thank goodness, as I had a lot of washing to do.Willow hasn't had any more seizures but is very stiff.She's still happy and eating well. I managed to get her a packet of fresh chicken necks from the supermarket today. It's the first time they have had them since the lock down a month ago. Willow and the cats adore them.My sister then went to the supermarket and bought me 3 more packets which I have frozen.

Next week we are moving out of Alert Level 4 and into Level 3. It won't be much different but takeaways will be available (drive thru only} and some businesses will be able to open if they can do so safely.

Damon, our wee budgie, still isn't well.. I got my eldest daughter, Brenna, to drive me to the vet on Saturday as I don't have a car at the moment.The vet thought Damon had either a respiratory infection or a crop infection. She gave him an injection of an antibiotic and sent him home with more antibiotics to put in his drinking water, which Damon refused to drink. I took him back today for another injection. This time I booked in with a certified avian vet who thinks it's a crop infection. He is starting to eat a little now but still sleeps a lot and is all fluffed up.We're praying that he'll be OK as he's a big part of our family and we love him to bits. Last night he said "Good boy, Damon" - he hasn't spoken or chirped at all in the last 4 days, so we were thrilled.Today, as i was was putting him back in Brenna's car, he said "Sweet bird",which was lovely to hear.

Pamela, glad you're enjoying the nice weather and able to get in a run and some nice walks with the dogs.I bet that garden shed looks great now.Your OH is a man of many talents. How great to be able to see your family again.

Shelley, hope those wee birds of yours are still coming to you and you are getting through the lock down OK.As Kazz says, Dr Doolittle must be your middle name.I still feed my wee wild birds 2x a day.

Kazz, hope Sophie and Kate are making a good job on that very special birthday cake.I hope you get a nice big bit and Gerti gets a wee lick too. How is that man with the dog that you store the dog biscuits for ? Is he coping OK with the lock down ? I do hope he and his dog are keeping safe.

Well everyone, have a great evening and keep yourselves safe and well.

Take care everyone.