Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #11

Re: Amphibians down drains

Good on you truthisouthere, for rescuing these poor wee creatures and drawing attention to their plight. Luckily we don't have the problem in NZ but sometimes, baby ducklings do fall down drains. People are always kind enough to rescue them, thank goodness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #12

I had NO idea! It never even occurred to me I shall make a point of checking drains. Does it tend to be in newly urbanised areas that this happens?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #13

I saw in "the other place" that Shelley had posted a link to the YouTube vid. Well spotted. Actually it amazes me that anyone could spot the poor creatures down the drain.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
26-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I had NO idea! It never even occurred to me I shall make a point of checking drains. Does it tend to be in newly urbanised areas that this happens?
Near any housing development, where there are any drains, near to a pond more often. Often estates are built around ponds, the developers get permission to build as they state leaving an breeding pond or installing a pond preserves the amphibians, but it does the opposite!, any pond in conjunction with drains (new or otherwise) they fall into them on their ancestral route to the pond by the truckload.