Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #1

energy bills

we are on pre-payment meters and during the winter we are robbed blind with the amount of money they use, so ive rung a new (ish) company up.Ebico they are called. a nice man on the end of FREE PHONE number is sending me an info pack to look at. no hard sell at all
they dont have standing charges. no shreholders to please. and everyone pays the same rates.
so ill let u know how it goes.
if not google that name and have a read. i was impressed.
at the moment im being robbed by british gas
£14 for a weeks use of electric during the summer/ god help me during the winter.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #2

Re: energy bills

I was disgusted when I learned that people on pre-pay meters have to pay more than people who pay in other ways. I think that is totally wrong - everyone should pay the same amount for the same product. It's not as if the company has to send a person out to empty the meters any more (like they did when my mum and dad had one umpty ump years ago).

Hope Ebico comes up with the goods boys mum. Let us know!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #3

Re: energy bills

I've just moved into a new flat with white-meter electricity. It does the whole flat, so electric heaters too. It means we have one meter during the day and another at night. The day-time meter is more expensive than the average meter but the night time one is cheaper.

How does prepay work?