Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Kitten food - advice pleaseeee

Now that Mindy can climb & jump better she can also get to Tim & Amber's adult food which she scoffs with glee & wont eat her own food

Sometimes she will eat a little of the Nature's menu kitten food, but wont touch Whiskas kitten at all - the older kids wont touch the Nature's menu so no problem that way

This morning I mixed some adult Felix (Felix Sensations) into the Natures Menu kitten & Mindy did eat some of it

Possibly part of the problem is we free feed so adult food (& kitten) always available

Any other ideas how to encourage Mindy to eat her kitten food?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #2

Re: Kitten food - advice pleaseeee

How old is she now Velvet? TBH I wouldn't worry too much - after all food specifically designed for kittens is a recent addition to the pet food market. Pip was the same and went off his kitten food altogether once he'd tasted Kizzy's adult kibble.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #3

Hi Angie, she is about 15/16 weeks now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

I wouldn't worry too much; many many kittens do that; all of mine have much preferred the adult food. I just gave in and let them eat what the wanted; never seemed to have any bad effects. And the adults were delighted to finish up the kitten food.