Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA
23-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #1

Sheba and Gourmet - views please

Does anyone feed their cats any of the Sheba range? How do people rate it, is it a good food?

Also, what are people's views and experiences with the Gourmet range?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #2

Re: Sheba and Gourmet - views please

Sorry Harry, I have not fed Sheba nor Gourmet - too expensive! Not absolutely sure that they are complete foods, but they may be.

Global Moderator

23-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #3

On days when 14 year old Cassie goes off her food for some reason, I've offered her Sheba Tender Terrine with Turkey and Chicken and she will lick her dish clean, she loves it! I occasionally buy Gourmet and that is a success with her too. It is more expensive but worth it when you worry that your cat is not eating anything.

Normally I alternate her feeds between Whiskas and Felix but when she is off colour I switch to Sheba or Gourmet for a few days, then revert back to her usual diet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #4

Sorry no dont feed them

Two of the better wet foods are Natures Menu & Hi Life - if its a good wet food you are looking for

I fed ours Natures Memu until that bad weather at Christmas & ran out & had to take what lOcal shop sold which was Felix & never got changed back. They only want Felix now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #5

I've never tried Gourmet. Sheba is quite pricey so it's an occasional treat food, not part of the regular diet. I've never checked the nutrition as it;s not part of the regular menu.

23-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #6

Thank you for the replies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
24-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #7

I have to say Denis LOVES these lol...he wolves them up really quickly so they are his special night time treat meal when they are on offer....(Usually 5 for £2 on the sheba or 5 for £3 on the gourmet) in Tesco and Morrisons

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
24-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #8

My cats absolutely love Sheba. It is a complete food. Now that my daughter works at Waltham Pet Nutrition (Mars) who make this, we feed it most of the time now. You can also be assured that the cats have not been subject to any invasive testing for this food.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
25-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #9

My cats won't eat Sheba, they lick off the jelly or gravy and leave the meaty bits. When it comes to the Gourmet ...... they could bankrupt me! They absolutely love the stuff, but with three cats, they only get it when it is on special. But they eat all of it. They are very fussy and until the Felix sesations range came out, they wouldn't eat anything other than Gourmet when it comes to wet food.