Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Tuesday

Good morning everyone!

It's a bright start to the day here and the sun is just beginning to show it's face, let's hope it continues...

We booked our holiday yesterday, finally decided on Dubrovnik so I'll be researching the old town and surroundings for interesting places to visit ...... looking forward to it This will be our third time to Croatia but the first time in the south of the country.

Have a machine full of washing on the go at the moment, looks like it will be able to go outdoors today. Not a lot else planned other than day to day jobs.

Have a good day all...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
13-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Tuesday

Morning Mags! Ooo Croatia sounds wonderful, never heard of Dubrovnik but it sounds like it's off the tourist-beaten-path, just the sort of thing I like

It's so nice now that it's milder and I don't need to wear leg warmers, gloves and two hoodies on my way to work! Today is the day I should be receiving my PIN# reminder and the anticipiation is killing me, I just want to know whether the wrong number stuck in my head is way off or only one digit.

Otherwise, a normal day at work. Had strange dreams last night that I was in my old house where I grew up but it was a war zone, half desert half house, and me and some people were trying to find shelter. I think it's greatly influenced by the situation in Gaza I hate the politics behind it (on our Governments side) and just wish they'd do what they could and not use it as an excuse to boost their poll ratings....

Anyway, today feels sherbert-lime-green to me. Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #3

It's still dull and cloudy here . . . hoping the South Western sunshine will make it's way here soon! Lucky you going to Dubrovnik . . . I've heard that it's a beautiful city. Do you know if it was much damaged by the Balkan War several years ago?

We're going to try and pop out this lunchtime to order our fencing for the allotment. It's amazing how few places actually do proper fencing . . . it's all fancy, domestic fence panels everywhere you look!

Not much going on here. I have some estimates to do and also need to get on with a website that I'm writing for a lovely Italian lady who bakes organic spelt biscuits in Sussex!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
13-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #4

Bore da!

Just getting ready for work. Been up a lot in the night with Millie who was unsettled and Poppy who decided she needed the toilet every hour. Can't cope with lack of sleep these days.

Damp and dreary here. Loved the puppy party last night. Bess found herself a boyfriend in the shape of a Marley lookalike 15 week old Golden Lab. He was twice the size of her but she soon put him in his place as they charged around the surgery Must find some confidence to let her off the lead sometime soon.

Lovely place for a holiday Mags. When do you go? I love to hear about other peoples travels. When all our finances are sorted, we plan to go to cape verde islands later on in the year. We can then swap notes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #5

Good morning, it's mild and dry here for a few moments.
Some large grey clouds sprinkle the blue sky but it's promising.
Going in to work this pm but really don't feel like it. My cold is no better and I'm feeling pretty tired, hope it's not too busy. Never mind I have a day off tomorrow.
No holiday plans, made except for forthcoming trip to San Diego, nice looking through the papers at the trips they have in there though . Fancy loads, maybe get around to one in Sept/Oct.
Bron having a poodle parlour make-over as we speak, they have their work cut out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
13-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #6

Morning everyone , the weather here is not to bad it is abit grey but the sun is trying to come out.
Woke with a banging headache this morning which when you have a house full of kids can be very hard work, as they always choose to play very loudly when you are abit worse for wear.

I love booking holidays its always something to look forward to, Croatia always sounds like a lovely place to go to but have never been.

Just done a wash load of washing myself so I am going to get it hung outside should dry today (I hope)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
It's still dull and cloudy here . . . hoping the South Western sunshine will make it's way here soon! Lucky you going to Dubrovnik . . . I've heard that it's a beautiful city. Do you know if it was much damaged by the Balkan War several years ago?
Yes Yola, there was quite a bit of damage to it's buildings and marble streets but most of it has now been restored. I'm looking forward to walking around on top of the 25metres high wall (3 kilometres long ) that surrounds the city..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Bore da!

Lovely place for a holiday Mags. When do you go? I love to hear about other peoples travels. When all our finances are sorted, we plan to go to cape verde islands later on in the year. We can then swap notes
We're going in June, Nat We were thinking of going to Cape Verde Islands too, have you been there before? The thought of a constant wind there put us off a bit

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #8

Morning all well Afternoon all. Lovely day I hav been busy kinda planning the garden...you will have to wait and see for before and after pics early Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Anyway, today feels sherbert-lime-green to me. Hope everyone has a good day!
Thats strange I very strange I woke this morning and thought Lime Green .....now isn't that odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
We booked our holiday yesterday, finally decided on Dubrovnik so I'll be researching the old town and surroundings for interesting places to visit ...... looking forward to it This will be our third time to Croatia but the first time in the south of the country.
Sounds lovely Mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
We're going to try and pop out this lunchtime to order our fencing for the allotment. It's amazing how few places actually do proper fencing . . . it's all fancy, domestic fence panels everywhere you look!
All systems go on the allotment front then Yola, I have joined the Gardeners world website there is a good allotment section there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Damp and dreary here. Loved the puppy party last night. Bess found herself a boyfriend in the shape of a Marley lookalike 15 week old Golden Lab. He was twice the size of her but she soon put him in his place as they charged around the surgery Must find some confidence to let her off the lead sometime soon.
Have to say I adored the puppy parties too Nat, and regarding letting Bess off the lead then how about doing it when your older dog is present does providing of course you have decent recall then and the pup will follow her leader so to speak.
I found having something of major interest/fixation is the best way to get the pup to return. Maybe a toy like a ragger or squeaky toy and practice in the house when she responds she gets a few moments of fuss and paly with the toy. But sure I am teaching you to suck eggs.

All in all a decent sort of day here fitted up another bird feed due to the cold weather too.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
13-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #9

[quote=Kazz;532093]

Thats strange I very strange I woke this morning and thought Lime Green .....now isn't that odd.
QUOTE]

Very strange indeed! They do say great minds think alike

I would probably explode from the excitment of cuteness overload at a puppy party. They sound like excellent fun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #10

Karen, there's also a specific site for allotment-holders . . . www.allotment.org.uk (hope I'm allowed to post the link). It has masses and masses of good information; and a forum for picking the brains of those more experienced.

I'm thinking of starting an allotment diary . . . once we have a shed and some fencing there will be something to write about!