Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - pale yellow Friday

yola, you're welcome I'm so glad you like all the products. I use them too, the full range of cleansing milk, toner spray, and rose day cream light, as well as the transluscent make-up as a very sheer foundation to even out red skin tone! My skin has never looked better and people do comment on it 'glowing'.

Thanks Angie, I'll have a glass of red wine and some garlic bread for you The food there is so fresh, the pasta dishes are slippery with olive oil and fragrant with fresh herbs mmm!

Hope all the poorly people get better, and have a lovely weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #12

Pale yellow's not my color either; but I love a slice of lemon in a G & T. Angie, I had a female boss with gout also! It's not as common in women. Meep, your description of the food made me almost drool on the keyboard! Sorry that PL and Janey are under the weather, get well soon!

Sunny but very cold today: -1, wind chill -8!! Very glad to get back home from the market and plan to stay in all day except for the bird feeder filling and Leia's grass. The forecast for tomorrow is morning snow , then turning to all day rain, so doubt if I will go to the library .

Hang in there, Spring is coming...too slowly, but coming .........

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Pale yellow's not my color either; but I love a slice of lemon in a G & T. Angie, I had a female boss with gout also! It's not as common in women. Meep, your description of the food made me almost drool on the keyboard! Sorry that PL and Janey are under the weather, get well soon!

Sunny but very cold today: -1, wind chill -8!! Very glad to get back home from the market and plan to stay in all day except for the bird feeder filling and Leia's grass. The forecast for tomorrow is morning snow , then turning to all day rain, so doubt if I will go to the library .

Hang in there, Spring is coming...too slowly, but coming .........
I've been really hungry all of today, so was envisaging the food as I was typing about it. The thought of it now is making my tummy rumble!

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I've been really hungry all of today, so was envisaging the food as I was typing about it. The thought of it now is making my tummy rumble!
I'm hungry too, it's almost lunch time here and my stomach has been reminding me also ... Enjoy the dinner tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #15

Hi all

Hope the poorlys feel a bit better tomorrow. Did you get a car sorted out Moli?

Have spent a bit of time in garden today but weather has turned very cold and it is getting very black so |I think heavy rain is not far away.

meep - Italian food is my favourite. Have you been to L'Ariosto - we have been a couple of times and I love their food.

Vet has agreed I should get Kinsi dressed asap so he is calling me tomorrow to let me know what day he will be on op duty. My stomach's gone into churn mode already.

Enjoy the rest of the day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #16

Sorry i'm lagging behind again, but pale yellow is ok with me! Seen a lot of urine samples today so thats appropriate
Sorry your sickly PL, get better soon.
trying not to think of food too much, must stick to good eating and think of cool clear water.
Have rest of the day folks, a w/e off beckons so will be on a little more

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #17

hello, all.
i like pale yellow..it is the color of the ferret nursery i painted and reminds me of sunshine and little baby boys
feeling a little better today..looked out the window at the wax leaf bush we planted above tigger's grave..it is somewhat comforting.
my mother had lit a candle last night when i told her we were on the way to the ER...i called her once we got home and tigger was gone and we talked about his passing and just then the candle blew out on its own..i believe that was his way of saying he made it to the bridge okay.
i do feel relief today and don't mean for this post to be depressing..i'm not depressed per se, i'm just remembering and focusing on the good times.
scrubbed the bathroom last night where he used to like to hang out..felt like closure..and also makes me feel like i have the right to be to a lazy start today
will get around to chores when i feel like it and just take it easy and read a book by one of my favorite authors, era zistel.
not much planned..just a slow, quiet day here.
hope everyone has/had a good one.

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #18

That was touching about the candle, Tink. Do take it easy today, you've been thru a stressful experience; chill out as long as you need it. Does Cuddles seem to realize Tigger's gone? I hope she, Hestia and Kuan Yin are giving you some comfort, not to mention the boys and dogs.

Are you in a high area? TV news showing pics of bad flooding in Washington State last night .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #19

hi there!
cuddles doesn't seem to realize yet. i remember there was a point in time where tigger wanted nothing to do with her and he seperated himself from her and she was okay so i'm hoping that's the case still..
yes, the flood warnings have been happening here though it is worse on the other side of the county. a lot of main roads here are closed. we are about half a mile from a river and that river was nearing close to the main road in our town so they closed it though i don't know the status of it today..the rain's calmed down but we are near a mountain that is still melting off it's snow and dumping into our river.
luckily, we are the only house on the street that has a raised driveway onto our foundation in case it gets bad in our town. last night when we drove into the city we just had to avoid back roads and luckily they had reopened the main highway where all our errands are run usually.

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #20

Wow, that sounds nasty! Hope neither you nor your OH need to go out over the weekend! Stay warm and dry!