Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #11

Re: Slugs & Snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Not sure about chemicals of ay sort myself as hedgehogs eat slugs. I use either salt - immediate end, beer dishes, and I also did once years ago when I lived in an old ground floor flat and found a slug in the kitchen I did put rock salt mixed with sharp sand around the outside like a slug moat it worked just sprinkled it about a foot out down to the house. But remember they can climb walls/fences too.
I use copper tape around my plant pots (hostas) and have had no promblem not sure if you could try that round the edge of the conservatory.

I have noticed an increase in slugs myself this year in fact one path round by the canal I walk with Sal you literaly have to hop skip and jump down to avoid them early in the morning. Oh yes and they seem to be massive too - uuuk
If you are lucky enough to have hedgehogs in your garden Kazz, give them all the help you can. Where I live is semi-rural and although I have seen 1 hedgehog recently, we've been hog-less for a long time. Very sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
When its dry (very wet today) I'm going to put salt along the outside of the back (conservsatory) door to stop the wee pests getting in, leastways think that is where they are coming in :/
In my old flat I found they came in through the airbrick vent as well. (It was an old convereted flat) but we solved that by putting a piece of pea netting over the vent inside did not stop the air circulating but did stop the slugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #13

Oh I can only sympathise with you over the slug thing Velvet, my worst nightmare, hate the slimers.