Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #11

Re: Honeymoon Pictures

Food in the posh restaurant (we dined there twice)

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #12

Jacuzzi - the doors opened and you could see across the ocean

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #13

Wow Wow and Wow - what an ideal place for a honeymoon Emma. It looks so beautiful and special.

Thanks for sharing those lovely photos - I love the colour of the sea and the sky and the sand ....... perfect.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #14

Fantastic photos Emma! Your villa looks very spacious and the food looks so mouthwatering.

Did you have to go very far offshore to see the sharks and stingrays?

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #15

Mags the Villa was very spacious, we have a king sized bed at home and that bed in the Villa was twice the sized. Food was very good - we ate mostly in the buffet restaurant and the food was amazing, they also had cheese and crackers most nights (including stilton yummy) they had a pasta station cooking fresh pasta and also a hot grill - they had beef tenderloin a couple of times and it was very nice, and you could have a champagne breakfast on a Sunday. We also ate in the a la carte restuarant twice, first time I had lobster and steak, hubby just had the steak and the second time we went back we both had the Wagyu beef - it was so tender it was unbelievable.

The sharks and the rays swin around the villas and they come right into the very shallow water. You can see them from the shore and the jettys and when the tide goes out the water under the villas and jettys is only a couple of feet, even when it is high it would only come up to your chest. At the end of the villas just past the decking there are steps down into the water and you can just either wade out or snorkle around the coral.

We could also see dolphins from our villa

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #16

The photo of those rays was taken from our villa (not a great zoom on my camera and they were only about 20 feet away) The shark photo was taken over one of the jettys as the sharks hunt the small fish by the shoreline in the mornings. The water was only about 4 foot deep - if that.

I think I have got a photo of a group of sharks. I will have a look

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #17

wow, beautiful place! it looks so peaceful and relaxing! i could go a wee hol there!

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #18

This picture shows the sharks better - you can see three sharks close to the beach but there is also a darker patch which was more sharks further out.

There is a picture of that group of sharks

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #19

It was amazing to see the sharks swin right under the villas and although some are quite big (about 8 feet long) they take no notice of you.

Also the villas have lights underneath them so at night you can watch the fish - we saw loads of rays, sharks and fish, there was also a fish called a blue fin Jack - which was at least 6 feet long (as long as a shark) which hunted at night - it was amazing to watch as he was so quick but I felt sorry for the fish. The sharks follow the blue fin jacks to see if they catch anything and have the scraps left over.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
It was amazing to see the sharks swin right under the villas and although some are quite big (about 8 feet long) they take no notice of you.

Also the villas have lights underneath them so at night you can watch the fish - we saw loads of rays, sharks and fish, there was also a fish called a blue fin Jack - which was at least 6 feet long (as long as a shark) which hunted at night - it was amazing to watch as he was so quick but I felt sorry for the fish. The sharks follow the blue fin jacks to see if they catch anything and have the scraps left over.
I suppose that would mean you couldn't swim in the sea with the sharks coming in that close