Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
26-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #1

Sorry I haven't been around lately...

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately. One of Jennie's kittens has been suffering with severe conjunctivitis and is having to have her eyes cleaned every 2 hours. The other baby had it very slightly in one eye which cleared up as fast as it appeared, but this poor mite is still suffering.

It is now evident that the girls were mated on totally different occasions, still no babies from Vitaani. I am totally stumped as to how/when her romancing occured, I can only imagine a window was left open overnight by mistake. Anyway she and her tummy are doing fine (and oh my gosh what a tummy it is now ), but are being closely monitored, as by the vets estimation she is more than likely due/over her dates now, so we just have to play it by ear really and hope she goes naturally. She is in for a check again on Monday (this is her 3rd one), to make sure everything is going fine and babies are fine. Compared to Jen, she is HUGE in the tum. We may have to make the choice to have her induced if she still hasn't gone by Monday, depending on how big the babies feel.

So anyway, apart from the poorly eyed baby the kittens are otherwise doing great. Growing like weeds and escaping from their box now, so we have ordered a pen which will be a lot safer for them when unattended by us, considering we also have the other cats and 3 nosey dogs.

I have some pics i'll sort out later, just thought i'd better pop on and let you all know what is going on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
26-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #2

Re: Sorry I haven't been around lately...

Hi Random good to hear from you, we were getting worried, Hope the wee ones eyes clear up soon...and Vatanni's kittens arrive soon....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #3

Hi Random, good to know you are alright , we were quite concerned about you

I hope the little kitten's eye soon clears up, poor little thing

Vitaani is going to pop if she goes on much longer!! Maybe it's just as well they didn't have their kittens at the same time or the conjunctivitis may have spread to all of them.

Good luck with the next imminent birth, I hope it all goes well

Thanks for the update

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
26-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #4

hi random,im so glad you are ok,you had us all worried there for a while.hope the baby's eye clears up soon and that Vatanni's kittens arrive safely and soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #5

Thanks for posting, we were getting concerned! Glad the kittens eyes are doing better....ad hope Vitaani decides to have those kittens soon !

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #6

Oh no i'm so sorry it's been manic, i''ve had a right time of it here. One of my dogs suffers from colitis, and she's going through a bad bout of that after eating a dead bird on the field on a walk. I won't go into too much gory detail, but she can't hold her bowel movements and it's not even slightly solid...

She's been really poorly. Last week it was kinda just leaking from her bottom.

On the plus side the vets must love me the amount i've spent there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
26-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #7

Glad things are all ok, and we are awaiting more photos, and more kittens soon!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #8

I'm just relieved to hear you are ok, we were quite concerned that we hadn't heard from you. Good luck with everything and keep us updated please x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
26-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Oh no i'm so sorry it's been manic, i''ve had a right time of it here. One of my dogs suffers from colitis, and she's going through a bad bout of that after eating a dead bird on the field on a walk. I won't go into too much gory detail, but she can't hold her bowel movements and it's not even slightly solid...

She's been really poorly. Last week it was kinda just leaking from her bottom.

On the plus side the vets must love me the amount i've spent there.
You sound as if you have really been through it the past few days, hope your Dog recovers soon....

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
You sound as if you have really been through it the past few days, hope your Dog recovers soon....
Thanx Moli, it's Maddy who's not well. She's on the mend now hopefully.

These things always seem to happen all at once don't they?

Dusty found the dead bird and was rolling in it, , and Maddy ran over to see what she was rolling in, picked it up and it was gone within seconds. I only knew what it was by the feathers left on the ground.

Considering her tummy is so sensitive she's to be kept on a strict diet, and not even allowed a slice of bread, a dead bird was not a good snack.