Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #11

Re: Any Tips For A Mom To Be

Hi Jess,

I have 5 week old kittens at the moment, so feel free to ask anything that you like!!!

I have to say though that it's hard work!!!!

I would agree with what Fran says about the food and also about getting them neutered ASAP. My girl came into call (heat) again when her kittens were only 4 weeks old.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainCoonX, SnowShoeX, & Their Baby
24-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #12

O WOW! Yeah I definately will. Ok so why is she wanting more food all of a sudden?? Or is it that she has trained me? LOL. Her belly has gotten a bit firm in the past week or so. And also the other question I have is, is it normal for her to be a bit more skittish being that she is pregant?? She used to let me just walk up to her and pet her or pick her up and now she runs if I try. She also batted my male in the face yesterday. He was trying to play and she will using give in but yesterday she wasnt into it. He was so confused. He looked up at me like huh? why did she do that. LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #13

She will start to feel a little more hungry but don't over do the food at this stage if you are sure she is only 1 month gone as an overweight cat is not a good thing in pregnancy, if nothing else it can cause more problems during labour.

It's normal for their hormones to be all over the place during pregnancy, so yes you may see some behavioral changes....the joys eh?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainCoonX, SnowShoeX, & Their Baby
24-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #14

LOL! Yeah. I dont have kids yet...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
25-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #15

My Lily got really protective of herself when she was pregnant and started growling at the other cats, which she didn't do before. She still does it a bit now if someone startles her when she's with the kittens.

As Fran says, their hormones are all over the place.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
25-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #16

another helpful tip is try and get the cat used to her kittening box / pen a couple of weeks before she is due to give birth. Only put her in it at night or when you go out then that way if she delivers unexpectedly whilst you arent there there should be no mishaps and no hunting for kittens.
That is one thing i have learned and will be doing without a doubt this time

Sarah
x