Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #61

Re: Teddies Progress

Okay can we recap.Lovely Teddie is feeling better and Poo's better, and you're feeling positive.

But what has changed....what are you feeding her and adding to her food/water???? we need to understand what it is that makes her better than she was before we relise what makes her worse?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #62

Right, she is on hills i.d prescription diet dry, with added canikur granules. She is also on the metronidazole that I found behind all my jars in my fridge. There is only a tiny amount left in it, but I may be able to salvage enough out of the bottle to do her until the vet sees her a week on monday! From what the vet was saying, this is probably the route he would go down with her anyway, and he will be looking at IBS as the most likely cause of her problems. If that is the case she will probably be in the i.d for life, with metronidazole used if her symptoms flare up, as that is the drug of choice for treatment. I'm not sure why she can't eat other foods as yet, but this will be a question to ask the vet. She did another poo this morning, which was still wet, but there is more shape appearing to it, so looking very positive at the moment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #63

Sounding good, Alex! Can hardly wait to hear what the vet has to say...he does sound as if he knows what he's talking about, and more important, cares!!

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #64

Excellent news I would write it down. In diary form and write down how much she has and when and the results........Poo wise.......the more and clearer the information the vet has the better he can treat. I must admit my diary about Oscar was "invaluable" in his continued care.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #65

Oh it is all written down Kazz. That was an excellent suggestion from you. It is amazing that she is now down to using the litter tray to poo twice a day from 7 or 8! And there has been slight improvement with each one she has done. Put it this way, she managed to scoff a tiny piece of cheese that my OH dropped in the floor last night, and there have been no repercussions from it!!! Whereas this time last week it would have made her 10 times worse. And I swear I can see a difference in size with her already!

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #66

Just remember baby steps always baby steps - as fast as we go forward sometimes we can slip back - thats nature for you.

But jot down the little things too like the cheese - the after effects may come a little later but at least you'll know why.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #67

Done!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #68

This is all sounding so very positive Alex!! I am hoping that the new vet will live up to expectations and that Teddie continues to go from strength the strength

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #69

Great news Alex and she is such a lovely little girl. xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
03-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #70

So pleased to hear she's doing so well! Keep it up Teddie!