Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #11

Re: Don't know what's wrong. Is this normal?

The frayed claws make me suspect a road accident too I hope he is better very soon....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
27-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #12

((((((hugs))))))

So sorry to read this, I hope hes back to his normal self soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #13

I, too, think Tiger has been brushed by a car. The frayed nails are very indicative. The scratches could be either as a result of impact/grazes on the pavement, or could indeed be from a previous fight.
Poor boy is terrified but sleep is a great healer, so lets hope he feels a lot better when he wkes today. If not I'm sure you wil take him to the vet, and tell of your suspicions. I've only once has a cat who's been involved in a car accident. He ended up with the frayed nails and also a 'greenstick fracture' - a break young animals get, where the bone isn't broken all through and where no intervention is required, it heals naturally.
Good luck.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
01-03-2007, 03:17 AM   #14

Freyed nails were a big red flag for hit by car as well. I worked at an Emergency Vet and we saw this sort of thing alot. I would have him checked over again, to make sure there aren't any internal injuries.