Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #21

Re: Teddie very bad again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
That's a nice post Reddaisy.

Alex - hope my last post wasn't too negative. It's difficult.

Anyway, by way of penance I've been doing a bit of research. Here's a link to homeopathic remedies http://www.caninecaregroup.net/dholistichealth.htm#STOMACH%20PROBLEMS

and here's a link to a whole site on feline diarrhoea. It's a US site, so I'm not sure how helpful it'll be
http://www.colonbowelproblems.com/feline-diarrhea.html ... mm, I've tried to go through it but it gets mixed up with human and feline. There's this product http://www.allergicpet.com/products/...FRO_XgodMX40dw but probably only available in the US - you'd need to speak nicely to Dandysmom.

Thinking of you x
Alex, I'd be glad to order anything for you and Teddie, and re-ship it if they don't do overseas orders,,,just let me know!! No problem at all! Edited to say I saw this site some time back when researching chronic feline diarrhea, and almost ordered it for you; but didn't want to be pushy...it sounds to me as if it would be well worth a try...let me know if you'd like some; certainly couldn't hurt to give it a try; anything to help poor sweet Teddie!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
25-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #22

well that is weird?is it the pdsa pet aid centre or a regular vet that takes on pdsa work?or maybe it is something that theyre doing in other areas.so that would mean you couldnt go there as an e,mergancy if you hadnt already registered then hmmmmmmm defff not the way it is here i know that ive seen people turn up and register there and then.it is a big shame that ,that is their policy in your area then isnt it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
25-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #23

Oh Alex, I've just caught up with this thread and I'm so sorry to hear that Teddie is so unwell again.

I know that you love her and that you have done everything that you can to help her and I'm sure she really appreciates that . Nobody is going to think badly of you if you do take the decision to rehome her.

I wish I could wave a magic wand for you and make it all okay.

Lots of love and hugs coming your way and for Teddie too, and well done for looking after her and loving her as much as you have done despite her pooy bottom.

Take care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
25-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #24

ok ive just checked the website it does look like your just very unlucky in where you live that there isnt a pet aid hospital nearby i can see from the site that you have to register in advance etc as its a pet aid practice and only for 1 pet!im sorry for you both

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #25

Sorry to hear Teddie is bad again, poor little girl, she doesn't get much of a break from it.....Hope she improves soon....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
25-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #26

Hi Alex
sorry to hear that Teddie is bad again.
Two thing have you got a pets at home near you as they have a vet which are cheaper and also Teddie may have Inflamatory bowel disease which is what Tilly probably has. It can cause constant vommiting or diarrhoea. Also my vets said that fish can be salty and can irritate so the chicken might work better. Also have you tried sensitivity contorl pet food from the vets as I have got some that I don't think Tilly can have so I don't mind sending you a few pouches to try. I will let you know what food tilly is on when she come home as that might work better for Teddie as it has to be very bland from what I understand.
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/ibd.html

Hope Teddie and you are holding out OK.

((hugs)) to both of you.

I might hear more from the vet tomorrow and will pass on anything I know about Inflammartory Bowel Disease if you think that might help you.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
Hi Alex
sorry to hear that Teddie is bad again.
Two thing have you got a pets at home near you as they have a vet which are cheaper and also Teddie may have Inflamatory bowel disease which is what Tilly probably has. It can cause constant vommiting or diarrhoea. Also my vets said that fish can be salty and can irritate so the chicken might work better. Also have you tried sensitivity contorl pet food from the vets as I have got some that I don't think Tilly can have so I don't mind sending you a few pouches to try. I will let you know what food tilly is on when she come home as that might work better for Teddie as it has to be very bland from what I understand.
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/ibd.html

Hope Teddie and you are holding out OK.

((hugs)) to both of you.

I might hear more from the vet tomorrow and will pass on anything I know about Inflammartory Bowel Disease if you think that might help you.

Sally

Sally that would be great if you can pass on info from the vets to me. My vets are pathetic tbh . I didn't know about the fish being an irritant, so will try her with chicken tomorrow, although when that has been tried in the past it wasn't a great success . As I said about the PAH vet, the one near me is more expensive than the vet I currently use (and that's saying something). She has been on the hills i.d sensitivity food before, which did help her somewhat, but my vet (yet again ) said that she couldn't remain on that long term, so I would be very interested to see what food your vet puts Tilly on.

As for how we are doing. Well, I've been up and down all day, Teddie is looking very sorry for herself and screaming at me for food every time I step foot in the kitchen , and she just keeps dripping out of her poor wee botty.

Thanks all for your various words of wisdom, and thanks catsinc for trying with the PDSA thing. xxxxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
25-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #28

I will PM you with any information I can get.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #29

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear Teddie is still having problems.

However have a read of this thread I think something is coming very much to light. I do not think you will get the answer going to a "cheap" vets, what you need to do is to a the "best" vet in your area.

Cheap vets only exist because they can do a high turnaround of cheap(ish) treatments, i.e. wormers, vaccines etc. I really think that you will be going down the wrong path by going to this type of vets. Know I know some are going to be good but they are going to be the exception rather than the norm I think.

Alex - irrespective of cost, who do you consider to be the best vets in your area??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #30

Tbh Emma, I've no idea! I've spoken to a few of my friends over the last few weeks, and not one of them would recommend the vet they use or some of the others they have tried. I honestly thought that the practice I registered my 3 with would be great. It was a brand new practice, very modern, clean and up to date equipment, but the actual vet is very cold, not very sympathetic (remember after our 3rd visit he talked about having Teddie pts!!!) and not very knowledgable imo! The vets where I had the boys neutered didn't impress me much either, the staff didn't seem to have much time for clients and kept stopping to speak to other people when taling to someone else. Companion care (which is the PAH surgery) are very unapproachable. The woman on the desk looks at you like dirt, the vets try to palm all sorts off on you, 'do you need flea spray, it only costs £????' etc, and are trying to practically shove you out the door to get the next client in. So I don't know who to go to. I know cheapest isn't always best, but with the experiences I've had (with the dog I had too, she had a cut pad that was going septic before we noticed it, and the vets refused point blank to treat her until we had the £100 for surgery), money came before the animal! I've had no recommendations from anyone as to who to go to, and I don't want to try vet after vet, as that is just throwing consultancy money away.