Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #11

Re: Teddie very bad again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
{{{Hugs}}} Alex, did your vet mention how difficult it is to pick up certain parasites in stool samples? Often many samples need to be sent. Just because Teddie had a negative test doesn't mean there aren't any parasites. Just a thought as it really could be something a simple as this. How did she respond when she had the Metronidazole?
When she was on the metronidazole and the promax paste, she actually had a good few weeks Fran, but as soon as they both stopped, the runs started again. The vet didn't mention putting her on anything more, tbh I get the feeling that because I don't have the money to do test after test, he's not interested in Teddie at all, which is why I have now developed a great deal of dislike for vets as a whole. I think that the vast majority of them are money grabbes and have no real interest in the welfare of the animals they are treating. I've spent well over £300 on her since I brought her home, the vet has given me 2 different types of medication on more than one occasion that do the same thing. We are no nearer to knowing what the problem is, and I don't have any more money available to me to go the bloody vets! I'm struggling like crazy because I've used money on Teddie that should have paid bills, yet these people won't let me have an acount where I can pay money up every week. I would think that my commitment to Teddie and getting her sorted would count for something, but no!! Sorry to rant on again, but my blood boils when I think of that vet now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #12

I asked because as you know Porsha has responded so well to Metronidazole and my vet thought it was well worth keeping her on an extended course of it. So she will have had about two weeks worth all in all when she's done and she is brilliant, I have never had so many days of normal ppos from Porsha since I got her. Could you try a different vets that would allow you to have an account?

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #13

I phoned around a few vets when I first got Teddie. None of them do accounts because of so many people not paying. Teddie had 3 weeks of the metronidazole, and as I said, when she was on it things were great, but off of it, it all started again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #14

I am so sorry to read of Teddie's problems again Alex. I know how much you love her and have done all within your means to help her. ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
25-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #15

Alex - I don't know which vets you are using but PAH always seem to be extremely good in my experience. I wonder if you'd tried them (on the retail park)

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #16

I've used them in the past Smudgley, with my dog Tia, but tbh I find them one of the most expensive vets out there!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
25-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #17

sorry to hear it all but ive never had to pass a vet check to register with the pdsa??ive just made an appointment turned up with my appropriate paper work and pet and thats it.i wouldnt tell them you have previous tests done etc.just that its been going on for a few weeks now.i had that with lena she had a cold virus thing but it gave her the runs she was on 3 lots of antibiotics re wormed and they said if it didnt clear up she had to come in for tests.like you said vets are often in it for the money at least pdsa arent in it for that!!they are in fairness very very good.we have a budget vets just opened here too but not sure on their costs there is also an rspca hospital closish they charge you £12 to walk in the door tho

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #18

The vets round here charge £12 for a vet check before they will take you on as a PDSA client, and then you also have to send the £3 away to register with PDSA (which takes up to 6 weeks), which strikes me as crazy when Telford is where their head office is!!! I won't tell them about how long it has been going on, though I do think they'll get suspicious when they see how small Teddie is for her age, but with the state her back end is in, and has been for some time, there is no way a vet will pass her check.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #19

Is there a budget vets by you Alex?

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #20

Not as far as I know Kazz! Never heard of anyone talking about one.