Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
17-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #11

Re: Yellow teeth and red gums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
It sounds like it might be gingivitis (sp).

My advice is to get him to a vet.

Edit: is this what you are trying to describe?
http://www.crvetcenter.com/gingivitis.htm
His gums aren't this bad ... its just red and swollen around two teeth. The one tooth has to be taken out.

Thank you

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
17-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyabrew
expect to pay at least £120 for the dental

Thanks. The vet has quoted me £150. However, if he has more bad teeth I am guessing it will cost more.

I think my animals have decided to have their problems because I am home for the summer! Only two weeks ago my rabbit had to go and have a dental - that also cost a small fortune!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #13

My boy Bernie has gingivitis, he had a dental last week which cost £100. When the vet had a look a few weeks back, he had been drooling loads and just looked quite scruffy but was still eating well. His gums looked very red and sore but when he went in for his dental the gums weren't as bad. It is a condition that flares up from time to time and so sometimes looks worse and causes more pain than at other times. Fortunately he didnt have to have any teeth removed and all in all his teeth and gums are still in good shape despite the gingivitis.