Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
24-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #1

living the good life.

We are planning for this year and hope to live a bit more of the good life.
Tonight I have been planning gardening, wine making and preserving. This is all assuming this year has no major unplanned hiccups like last year.
We are also planning on the new set up for our rabbit runs, goat pens, pig pens and bird pens, which will dictate how many animals we can rescue.

Added to this I want to start making things for presents rather than buy, so here are my questions.

1/ Does anybody know of suppliers for soap/ cosmetic making that doesn't test on animals.

2/Does anybody make jewellery and can you advise on some good books and suppliers to start with.

3/ We are keen to try making chocolates and preserves- and ideas, again, of good suppliers.

4/ card maling- anybody do it?

Any other things folk can think of that we could do.

I'm not saying we will get round to half of these things and the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day will limit us., but we are determined to achieve somethings this year as the last 2 years feel like we have done nothing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #2

Re: living the good life.

You can of course make your own soap - I would not hesitate to recommend this company, there are loads of others on the net I'm sure .....

http://www.baldwins.co.uk/Natural-So...ccessories/357

Sounds like fun/a lot of hard work! Great good luck with whatever you decide to undertake.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #3

Re: living the good life.

Good luck with your plans; I am jealous!