Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #1

Murder on the stairwell

OMG, just when things looked like they were settling down a little, I was startled by two people screaming for help on the stairwell earlier today. I had not a clue what was going on and wasnt sure whether I should stick my head round the door to find out when I remembered the cats were out in the garden.
I opened the front door and heard pleas for help upstairs. I rushed upstairs to find a man and a woman holding boxes and begging me for help because........................................... .................................................
wait for it................................................ .................................................. .
Bernie was blocking their path! And OMG there is another cat waiting to attack from further up, on the next landing.

Shouldnt laugh really but it turns out the couple are terrified of cats. Bernie only wanted to make friends and Eva was simply watching them from afar.
Just hoping now that this isnt going to become a big problem. Will maybe try talking to them about it at some point soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
19-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #2

Re: Murder on the stairwell

Hahahahhahaha Elaine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have a friend who was afraid of cats and I never really understood it!!! She used to come over, but she couldn't walk past them. If they were on the stairs and she wanted to get up or down past them she had to call me for help!!! lol

Strangely she doesn't come round any more!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #3

Oh dear! I hope it doesn't cause a problem. However screeching woman AND hysterical man both holding boxes, paints an interesting and comical picture

Do you think they met through a dating agency and put on their profiles 'I'm looking for a partner that, like me, is scared of cats . . . ' Bizzare

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #4

Honestly you should have seen them both huddled in the corner of their front door, holding these boxes and screaching for help The innocent friendly faced Bernie trying to rub against a leg just to say hello. Eva on the upper landing watching with that impudent look of "Oh do stop that awful racket"
Its the best laugh I have had in days
On a serious note though, I do hope it isnt going to be too much of a problem. Would be a shame for the cats if I have to confine them to the house because of it. Equally it must be terrible to have such a fear.
Will have to try to grab an opportunity to talk with them about it and come to some sort of agreement so that it doesnt become a huge issue.
Graham is going to wet himself when I tell him though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
19-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #5

I can just imagine x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
19-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #6

Trying really hard not to laugh here!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
19-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #7

That's really funny! And isn't it strange how cats ALWAYS sidle up to people who are afraid of them?

We've got a friend who is similarly afflicted, and on the rare occasions he came here, my old girl Teddie would do her best to try and win him round by climbing on the top of the sofa behind his head and snuzzling him - needless to say, he didn't appreciate her efforts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #8

I bet that was so funny to see I do know people with a huge cat phobia though and I do feel so terribly sorry for them they never seem to come to my house and I can't figure out why

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #9

Now if that was Oz he would make a beeline for them....just to terrorize them.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
19-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #10

i knew some who didnt like cats, so of course mine used to make a bee-line to them, and ive got a neighbour near by who cant abide cats, shame cause they dont know what they are missing.